Send Text while on a call

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible with the iPhone? It's far from a deal breaker for me, but would definitely be a positive. I ended up having to do that tonight while on the phone with TMo tech support b/c of reception issues *sigh*

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've experienced a lot of problems with it though, if I send more than 2-3 texts while on a call, it drops. So be careful with it, but it's nice to be able to do it!

I've never had a issue like that. You may want to contact AT&T if that problem continues for you.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I can understand texting during a call for a couple of reasons
1) Like the OP said, sending one to tech support (at their request) while on the phone with tech support
2) Sending something to the person your on the phone with

Anything else just seems rude.

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Same here I have never had a dropped call.

Really? Since joining AT&T last friday to grab up my iPhone, the only problem I've noticed is that it totally drops at least 1 call a day for me if I'm talking on the phone for more than 3 minutes or so. Sometimes it drops more than 1, even in good coverage areas. What's the deal with this issue??

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Really? Since joining AT&T last friday to grab up my iPhone, the only problem I've noticed is that it totally drops at least 1 call a day for me if I'm talking on the phone for more than 3 minutes or so. Sometimes it drops more than 1, even in good coverage areas. What's the deal with this issue??

Nope not one dropped call.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't have any dropped call issues and even with MMS I've never had a call dropped from sending messages while on the phone.

BTW I talk on speakerphone a lot and when trying to contact multiple friends it's not that rude to text while on the phone..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2