Sell me on Apple Leather Case

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
As much as I love the case, in all honesty, it doesn’t offer much shock protection.
It was in my pocket, and it must have obviously hit the corner when it dropped.
It is what is, my carelessness, I can call Apple. But they will give me the same answer Verizon did.
It will still call out of curiosity to see what the cost to repair it would be, if they could repair the back glass.

It's glass that's the problem.

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My fault for not insuring the phone. I will live with the crack for the time being.
Is that just a small piece or entire back? Cause I was told by apple something different
I didn’t ask, I was assuming they would replace the back. It’s not any different than the front screen which is $150.
That’s why I didn’t question if it was the whole back.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My fault for not insuring the phone. I will live with the crack for the time being.

I didn’t ask, I was assuming they would replace the back. It’s not any different than the front screen which is $150.
That’s why I didn’t question if it was the whole back.

From what I've read, the issue with the back glass (and why it is so expensive) is that they essentially have to disassemble the entire phone to replace the back glass. It can't just be "pulled off" as the front glass can.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Being OCD, this crack will drive me crazy. But at the moment, I have more important places to spend my money. Eventually it will get fixed, just not now. At least I know now what it will cost me.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
As much as I love the case, in all honesty, it doesn’t offer much shock protection.
It was in my pocket, and it must have obviously hit the corner when it dropped.
It is what is, my carelessness, I can call Apple. But they will give me the same answer Verizon did.
It will still call out of curiosity to see what the cost to repair it would be, if they could repair the back glass.

Peaco

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I actually find silicone case too grippy . I have a brand new one and never use it ,only Apple leather .

This. I’ve had the Apple silicone case and it’s a pain in the *** taking it in and out of pants pockets due to how grippy and sticky it is.

I much prefer the Apple leather case. Looks better, wears better and feels much more premium in hand.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Two years with Apple  Leather case on my iPhone Jet Black 7 Plus...
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/ 20180924/e4333a1b42f9e522e9fb159cce8c816a.jpg
In and out of my pockets, a couple of drops and just plain old every day usage. No problems with scratches in the open bottom area. Once again, I guess it depends on how you treat your devices.

I can back this up. I recently went from an iPhone 7 Plus matte black to an iPhone XS MAX. I bought my 7 plus 2 years ago and purchased my first Apple leather case along with it. I was immediately very surprised on how slim the leather case looked and felt on such a big phone. It added VERY little bulk. Much less than I expected. The protection it’s given my 7 Plus has been incredible. The lip on the front of the phone provides enough protection when laying the phone face down and even from drops where the phone lands face down. The open bottom wasn’t a problem either due to the design of the case. It’s thick enough to help absorb typical accidental drops but thin enough to add minimal bulk. The leather is very forgiving as well with scratches too. Simply rub the scratch and it will start to blend in. The wear that leather gives is beautiful in my opinion. As far as my 7 plus, it looks virtually brand new. Many people who have seen my phone without the case on thought my phone was recently purchased. Lol. I HIGHLY recommend it

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just picked up another new Black Leather on eBay for $47 that’s about what they are worth imo. Apple price $79 here. I am not a believer in all this patina it’s grime imo so only buy black.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This. I’ve had the Apple silicone case and it’s a pain in the *** taking it in and out of pants pockets due to how grippy and sticky it is.

I much prefer the Apple leather case. Looks better, wears better and feels much more premium in hand.

That’s exactly why I can’t buy the silicone cases. My phone is in and out of my pocket all day long. It’s a pain when it constantly gets stuck. Leather case looks and feels much better and doesn’t get stuck to my pocket.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
My Black case arrived today, such a nice fitting case, like putting a nice glove on. I read somewhere someone using a magic eraser to take the wax off for more grip, gave it a go and worked good, great grip now.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
That’s exactly why I can’t buy the silicone cases. My phone is in and out of my pocket all day long. It’s a pain when it constantly gets stuck. Leather case looks and feels much better and doesn’t get stuck to my pocket.

The silicone case is a dust and lint magnet for a person who carries their phone in a pants pocket.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77