Selected sync not working

Jay1237

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
My selected sync is not working at all. My iphone is now full so I decided to only put a portion of my music on it. I really can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I went into itunes, selected my connected Iphone, and went to the music tab. Then instead of entire music library I checked selected. First I tried going into the artist's spot. CTRL clicked to select all of them and then deselected the ones I didn't want. It says 4000 songs are selected but when i clicked sync it went real quick and I noticed on my iphone all my songs were gone. I have also tried to create a playlist and only sync those songs. That also did not work. The weird thing is when I am on this tab it says 4000 songs, but the bar at the bottom that shows the space on iphone is empty. It should be close to full. I notice if I change my selected songs at all it fills up like it should be. When i deselect whatever it is i selected it goes back to showing no space for music like it was. However, when i try to sync, no matter if it shows full or empty, it doesn't work.

Jay1237

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
No I do not.

---------- Post Merged at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I just selected that at it seems it is at least syncing some of my songs. I don't even understand what that option means. itunes now says syncing 600 or so songs. That is not nearly my whole list but at least I am getting somewhere.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That will randomly fill the device with music from your library.

Try this:

Create a new playlist in iTunes, call it what ever you like.

Add music from your library to the that playlist. Only a few songs to test though.

Goto the Music tab on the iPhone options and select the "Selected playlists..." option

In the playlists box check off only that new playlist you just created.

Hit Apply at the bottom and the phone should start syncing.

If that works you can use that playlist as the list of songs you want on your phone.

Jay1237

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Well somehow it just synced all and only the songs that weren't on the playlist i selected. WTF is going on here. I feel like I am a computer illiterate . This really shouldn't be that hard.

Jay1237

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I have also noticed that now I have nothing selected and it is listing the iphone's space as if its full. As soon as I click apply it takes 15 seconds and then it goes back to empty. At this point if I select anything, the space indicator goes to close to full. Even if its just one artist it goes from showing 3.5 gigs to 28 gigs. Really doesn't make sense considering I have only one thing selected, that is prob 100 megs total.

Jay1237

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
So i decided to restore my iphone in hopes that will work. It just got done syncing my apps and it has started to sync my music. The problem I see is that it is syncing 1100 songs. It should be syncing 4400. We will see what happens after it is all done. I double checked and i do have all the songs selected. It says 4454 in the music tab under my iphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative