Seidio Surface Plus Case for iPhone 4s?

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone purchased the Seidio Surface Plus case for the 4s yet? How much more battery life does it add? How much bulk / weight does it add? Does the case get hot? I also wonder if it damages the internal battery at all?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't but it looks pretty cool. The closest I've used is the Case-Mate Fuel model, which gave me a complete full charge.

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
First Day with the case...

Today is the first full day with the case. The phone has been unplugged since 6:50 AM this morning, and I have 68% battery left. That's almost 9 hours and only down a little over 30%.

I am a moderate user. However, today I have only had time for one game of Angry Birds. I will be off to the gym shortly, so I will have music playing along with my fitness app, so I'll see how much that drains the battery.

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Not bad.

It's not bad. It's smaller than my Thunderbolt with a Seidio case on it. I'm new to the iPhone, people who don't use cases probably won't like it, but coming from a Thunderbolt with a case, it feels fine.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered this case....I've had the "regular" Convert case in the past and liked it, so I sort of know what to expect. I'll do my best to come up with some thoughts on it for anyone who may be interested. I've had the Otterbox Defender, Trident Kraken2, Ballistic HC, Lifeproof, Mophie Juice Pack Plus and of course the regular Convert case (among several "not so protective" cases)...so I've got more than enough to compare it to..LOL.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Roll-Tide,
I will be very interested in your assessment and comparison, especially durability, size and weight.
I have owned Seidio cases for my BBs, but the last one didn't hold up as well, so I haven't been as anxious to get one for my iP4s.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got it and put it on about an hour ago....so far this is my favorite case yet. The surface case that you can use without the protective outer skin feels slightly cheap compared to the mophie but once you put on the protective skin and skeleton thing, it feels REALLY solid and like it could totally handle a drop as good or better than an otterbox or ballistic.

It adds some bulk, but honestly not much more than an otterbox defender and this has the battery built in where the defender obviously does not. It also adds some weight but I'd compare it to the mophie that I had...pretty close to that. My uncle has the same case, and he said his phone died this morning so he turned the case on and it charged the phone to 87%, so I will be completely satisfied with that if that's the norm. I don't NEED a battery case, but it'll be nice to have just in case.

So basically i'd say this has the best of all of the protective cases PLUS a battery case rolled into one...plenty of drop protection, feels really solid, helps battery life, better dust protection than otterbox, and no built in screen protector (I see that as a plus, never liked the built in kind)

Going to return the lifeproof that I was using this evening if that tells ya anything. Lol

Any other questions feel free to ask!

Reactions: cyberpaw

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, spoke to soon....used it today and every single person I talked to said they heard an echo when talking to me and it was extremely distracting to them. I was talking to my wife, she heard the echo....while still on the phone call, I removed the case and the echo went away. I will be sending it back tomorrow.