seems that some email accounts are not fetching

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
OK I have several email accounts on my phone. I have push turned on and every 15 minutes checked. Accounts I have are gmail(setup as exchange), hotmail, AOL, and yahoo. From what I can tell the gmail and hotmail accounts are legit and support real push. Now as far as AOL and yahoo I don't see a push setting and so I assume the fetch every 15 minutes would over ride the push option even though it is turned. Am I understanding this correctly? Too many times I pick up the phone and check text messages or some other function or I get a gmail email and in the process of checking or opening it one of the other accounts will ding with a new email. Happens to often to be just by chance. Another thing I should ask is if under the advanced tab where you can access each account separately should I check 15 minutes instead of push? Bottom line is I thought that the fetch settings took over if an application didn't support push.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
OK I have several email accounts on my phone. I have push turned on and every 15 minutes checked. Accounts I have are gmail(setup as exchange), hotmail, AOL, and yahoo. From what I can tell the gmail and hotmail accounts are legit and support real push. Now as far as AOL and yahoo I don't see a push setting and so I assume the fetch every 15 minutes would over ride the push option even though it is turned. Am I understanding this correctly? Too many times I pick up the phone and check text messages or some other function or I get a gmail email and in the process of checking or opening it one of the other accounts will ding with a new email. Happens to often to be just by chance. Another thing I should ask is if under the advanced tab where you can access each account separately should I check 15 minutes instead of push? Bottom line is I thought that the fetch settings took over if an application didn't support push.

Yes, fetch takes over if push is not supported. But what you are seeing is that when the email app is opened, it automatically force fetches your messages from all your accounts. So it could be at 10 or 12 minutes in the fetch cycle, but it pulls your email in. Every time you open the mail app, it'll fetch your messages and then the 15 minute timer starts over.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. One other question is I turn push off for one account and check manual then when I launch the email app will it get all the email except for the one I have set to manual. I only want that one account set to manual to fetch when I click on it and not just when i launch the eamil app.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
every time you open mail, that constitutes a manual fetch... and also starts the clock for a timed fetch over...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro