Search phone function does not always search.

Tanker57

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I really like the phone search function for helping find contacts quicker. But there are times that I try to use it and it won't search until I reboot the phone. This is my first iPhone so I'm not sure if I'm not doing something to get this to work consistently. Thanks

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like an OS glitch ... Have you tried restoring the decide and recover your backup from iCloud and see if it fixes it .... If not, make a genius bar appt and go to apple

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like an OS glitch ... Have you tried restoring the decide and recover your backup from iCloud and see if it fixes it .... If not, make a genius bar appt and go to apple

Translation: He means device, not decide! :p

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
if restoring from a backup doesnt fix it then restore as new you could be pulling corrupted data from the backup back on the phone..

papatom

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I really like the phone search function for helping find contacts quicker. But there are times that I try to use it and it won't search until I reboot the phone. This is my first iPhone so I'm not sure if I'm not doing something to get this to work consistently. Thanks

The same thing has been happening to me, since May 30, 2012, estimated. I have backed up AFTER it began to occur, so I'm not sure that restoring from my backup would be any help. Anyone else out there with a solution? thanks much!:cool: