SE and Lumia 1020 Cameras

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow lumia 1020 takes good photos. Dxomark only gave 74 score for lumia 1020.

Lumia devices had really good cameras and with rumors of Nokia pairing back up with Zeiss, looks like their new phones will have some great cameras and hardware/software to back it up

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I've always thought of the 1020 camera as the standard by reference to which others should be judged, simply because of the large sensor. Phone cameras and associated software have changed much since it was new, but the one way in which it still excels, in my opinion, is the extent to which you can crop, and still get a good, artefact-free image.
I'm afraid I don't pay much attention to camera benchmarks.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Lumias always take great photos. Even the lower end ones end up taking good ones. One of my friends used the Lumia 1020 until she got her iPhone 7 last October.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I loved my 1020. If it had an sd card slot I probably would have kept it a lot longer. Loved the yellow color too, and the camera grip for those times when you needed an extended battery for more pictures.

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
^ Mine is black, but I prefer the yellow. I don't think it was an option where I bought.
The grip I received free from Nokia....very nice. :)

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
^ Mine is black, but I prefer the yellow. I don't think it was an option where I bought.
The grip I received free from Nokia....very nice. :)

My personal favorite camera of any Lumia I owned is the 920. I also have the 925, but sometimes, the pics would get a greenish tint to them. I also have black in the 920 but wished I'd gotten yellow. I definitely love the pics my iPhone 6s takes, but nothing seems to beat Lumias, IMO. ;)

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I always liked the photo quality on my Lumias—920, 1520, and Icon—but not the loooooong delay between shots. :p

I agree. Still love the pictures my 950 takes, but after the iphone and Pixel, it seems to take forever from shot to shot and also from pushing the button until the actual picture is taken.