Screen turns off while using Google Maps navigation

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
My friend just got an iPhone 14 Pro Max and he's telling me that when he's using Google Map's navigation, the screen turns off after 15 seconds. I know you can just turn off auto lock but on my Android phones, the screen stays on if you're navigating somewhere.

What can he do to keep the screen on while using the navigation in Google Maps?

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I asked him to check for updates, he did find an update and said that it isn't turning off the screen. He just tried to put any location to navigate to and kept watching the phone but it didn't switch off.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for updating us on the situation! Since the issue had to do with an iPhone 14 Pro Max, I moved the thread to that forum!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My friend just got an iPhone 14 Pro Max and he's telling me that when he's using Google Map's navigation, the screen turns off after 15 seconds. I know you can just turn off auto lock but on my Android phones, the screen stays on if you're navigating somewhere.

Not a problem I notice with same phone. I suggest stepping through app and system settings.

FWIW, there is text/info out there about a Google Maps and Car Play bug.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
for me I just use apple maps but in all honestly I try not to rely on using the map or any gps unless its somewhere I have never been

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
for me I just use apple maps but in all honestly I try not to rely on using the map or any gps unless its somewhere I have never been

I totally understand that. Knowing routes (and actual phone numbers instead on a contact entry) actually could come in handy in certain 'disconnected' circumstances. .
But there's a couple of reasons I now always have the route up on Apple Maps: 1. the audible alert for red light cameras and speed checks. 2. if there is an accident or traffic jam, the alert for alternate route. 3. The Maps route keeps the phone on and authenticated (something I wouldn't have done on my 11 but the 14 PM so far is a battery beast). This is super convenient for doing a lot of voice to text messaging.
I don't have CarPlay :mad: but having the MagSafe vent clip right there up high between the speedometer and entertainment/control console. It makes the phone an easy to attach and seemingly a part of the overall console. It has completely changed the user experience/interaction (or previous lack of interaction) when driving.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

In my area, knowing a route is absolutely useless.

One day, the shortest route from home to work is the fastest. The second day, it’s the one that’s 40km longer, and on the third one, one of them is closed.

And it’s all at random!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Have you friend try Apple Maps, and see if it does the same

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW