Screen Protectors

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was curious as to what screen protector is best for the 4S. I have a zagg on my samsung epic and also on my iPad but wasn't sure how they looked or worked on the iPhone.

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Zagg on mine, or I guess did. I have it on the stolen one...

My current one is just a crappy matte one. Ill probably get another Zagg for my new one.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The Zagg Invisishield is by far the best protector, I always get this on my devices. Never had an issue with them at all.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that the Zagg makes the display look bad. How does it look on your screen? Does it ruin the beauty of the Retina display?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It degrades it but not having a gash or scratch across it far outweighs the screen resolution loss to me.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that the Zagg makes the display look bad. How does it look on your screen? Does it ruin the beauty of the Retina display?

I used a ZAGG full body shield on my white iPhone 3GS. The main problem I had was that the plastic would yellow after a while. It was easy to get a replacement (free, plus shipping) from ZAGG so that was nice. The screen didn't look any different with it on, granted it wasn't the retina display.

When I took it off though, the screen felt much better with out it. That smooth, high quality glass iPhone display is a beautiful thing too view AND touch. So I left it off. The ZAGG skin protected the heck out of my 3GS but without the screen cover it was so much nicer to use. So there are positives and minuses!

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have ordered one for my 4S.
Hows the installation of Zagg , I read that the filim needs to be wet with the liquid provided before application. It creeps me that I need to put some liquid on the phone ( not literally only on the filim, still). Any comments/ caution/ tips for installation of ZAGG.

PS: I have ordered ZAGG maximum protection

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have ordered one for my 4S.
Hows the installation of Zagg , I read that the filim needs to be wet with the liquid provided before application. It creeps me that I need to put some liquid on the phone ( not literally only on the filim, still). Any comments/ caution/ tips for installation of ZAGG.

PS: I have ordered ZAGG maximum protection

My biggest pieces of advice are to run the shower on SUPER HOT for like 10 minutes before you start, so that steam can build in the room and kill any dust. The other is that you make sure that the film is SUPER wet, as are your fingers. And when you get it on straight, blot any excess then, THEN squeegie the death out of it.

Reactions: elavum

BarronN30

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
My biggest pieces of advice are to run the shower on SUPER HOT for like 10 minutes before you start, so that steam can build in the room and kill any dust. The other is that you make sure that the film is SUPER wet, as are your fingers. And when you get it on straight, blot any excess then, THEN squeegie the death out of it.

Hmm, will the steam be good for the phone though?
I heard people's water damage indicator in their phone turned color because of steam.

elavum: at first I was scared at that too, if you want a dry applicant, try looking into Power Support.

For me, I like Zagg's protection but not so much of the feeling of it.
But it works very well against scratches. Last time I accidently put my phone with my keys in my pocket and it made small scratches.
After a few days, it seemed to bump the scratches rite out of the screen protector.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox