Screen Protectors

zach276

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I have a screen protector on my iPhone 3G and it has a lot of dust under it. I bought a new case and it comes with screen protectors and I was thinking that I would replace my current one with a new one and am wondering what is the best way to prevent dust ending up under the protector?

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Whenever I install a skin, I make sure the phone is completely clean. Then I install it being sure to get all the bubbles out. I don't touch the phone for 12 hours. Also, don't put it in your pocket for 24 hours.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
Here's what I do.

1. Clean the screen with a Windex Wipe.
2. Dry it using a dust free cloth.
3. Use a can of compressed air to remove any and all dust particles still on the screen.
4. Peal back the protector 1/4 of the way and place it onto the screen.
5. Using a credit card pull it along the screen protector to remove the remaining backing.

Reactions: Txdogs

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I do.
3. Use a can of compressed air to remove any and all dust particles still on the screen.

This is a great idea. I decided to replace my Invisible shield last night since it had a tear from my first poor job of application. I used windex and a smooth cloth, wiped the heck out of it because I had been seeing a dark speck on the screen with the first shield. WISH I had thought of compressed air. I even have some. But all went well. I think the trick is to really wet your hands and fingers with their liquid spray. AND I really sprayed the new skin thoroughly. It went on much easier this time and with hardly any bubbling.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox