Screen Protectors problems with IP6

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok I already went through 3 of them today, seems like these protectors dont fit the screen perfectly my 3rd one which i have on is the Zagg Glass, only a small piece very small on the left side of the protector from 3/4 down isn't covering the screen but its no biggie but going with my first 2 which were decent protectors i had the same problem it didn't cover the whole actual LCD screen... Anyone else having this problem, probably later on they will release screen protectors that actual cover the whole damn screen...

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Possibly or it could be for when you put in a case it doesn't peal it off.

Yea, but what i meant it didn't cover the lcd screen like in the left side around starting the middle of the phone you can see the line of the screen protector on top of the LCD, and all 3 were like that and they all were aligned well.. I think later on these companies will probably once they now know how the phone looks and is, they can stretch a tiny bit more just in case if it isn't aligned it covers the whole LCD screen not talking about the bezel areas. Its just the buttom left area but like I said a tiny bit, the installers said they having little problems with the iphone 6 or 6 plus black because you can't tell where the lcd sides are....

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Yea, but what i meant it didn't cover the lcd screen like in the left side around starting the middle of the phone you can see the line of the screen protector on top of the LCD, and all 3 were like that and they all were aligned well.. I think later on these companies will probably once they now know how the phone looks and is, they can stretch a tiny bit more just in case if it isn't aligned it covers the whole LCD screen not talking about the bezel areas. Its just the buttom left area but like I said a tiny bit, the installers said they having little problems with the iphone 6 or 6 plus black because you can't tell where the lcd sides are....

Maybe they're cut that way to avoid the rounded edges as much as possible? Happen to have a picture?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I put a Spigen film on my wife's iphone 6 and it left lots of room exposed, easier to install but bad design in my opinion, te gaps on the sides are just ridiculous.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I put a Spigen film on my wife's iphone 6 and it left lots of room exposed, easier to install but bad design in my opinion, te gaps on the sides are just ridiculous.

Zagg protectors have the same issue. They're case-friendly which is why the gap is there. The gap is just way too big.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I got the tempered glass ones from verizon. They fit almost perfectly. The sized are almost inline with the screen sides They also feel amazing.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the tempered glass ones from verizon. They fit almost perfectly. The sized are almost inline with the screen sides They also feel amazing.

I am on my way to Verizon to get the tempered glass as well. I went there last night for a case but they were swamped. There was a women there that already dropped her 6 and she was raving about how it saved her screen from the impact. She sold me on it right away! I will feel more secure carrying my phone in the wild after I have that extra protection put on it!

dk2b

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I bought one from eBay and it did not cover the whole screen. Luckily I only paid $5 for it. Got a tempered glass from Verizon. Doesn't go all the way to the edge but covers the whole screen. Gotta have a little space for cases.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup Verizon was swamped last night too at the mall. Went to one across town where I got my 6 at yesterday morning and it wasn't busy.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a screen protector from Amazon but it's not here yet so yesterday I bought the anti glare at Apple. An Apple Genius put it on for me and I'm happy with it.

Some people say that the anti glare interferes with the screen sharpness, I say bull doo doo. What it does is cut down on glare considerably and the mat texture does away with greasy fingerprints, it keeps the screen clean dry and smooth.
Also whoever installed it for me did it perfectly, there is a nano sized margin left on the sides and a funny little cut out at the very top to allow for sensors in the phone (practically invisible on the space gray, more obvious with white bezels), but absolutely no bubbles or trapped dust.

With the Tough Armor case, which btw people find really neat looking, it's a perfect combo.
And you should see how excited and curious people get when they see it!

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine is exactly the width of the screen. Your seems just a hair smaller. Given the fact they they are mass produced and glass that's pretty good yells I would assume

maj71303

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
They are cut smaller because of the curved screen so that the edges don't peel up. You can't make a glass screen protector with edges that curve down like the screen, that's why most glass ones seem to be cut shorter on the sides.