Screen Protectors Like Power Support's Anti-glare?

mis204

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
That really does look great... As a previous poster asked, how does this shield compare with those you get from Power Support? I am shying away from any shield that is applied with water, plus the orange peel effect is not something I want to deal with. Would you say the SGP + Bumper would be enough protection? Thanks a lot!

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
@Fedorov

Thanks for the pictures. Yeah I guess its horse for courses, but fingerprints bug the hell outta me lol!

@OTACORB

We're definitely on the same page when it comes to screen protectors. I'm actually considering the SGP Ultra Fine Anti-Fingerprint now at another ?11.99 *sigh* why couldn't Power Support a) have released their products at iP4G launch and b) offer a decent shipping price!

If the Ultra Fine Anti-Fingerprint one diffuses 30% less, I'm guessing it'll make for a crisper display. Gotta be worth the money.

Would you say the SGP + Bumper would be enough protection?

For the screen and sides, definitely. However the back is still exposed.

I'm currently using an Apple Bumper and the SGP Anti-Fingerprint protector (see attached). Forgive the photos taken with an old camera trying to make the most out of the diminishing daylight here in UK.

mis204

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info - I think after reading more and more on the forums I am going to wait for power support to release their full body protection. The ones for pre-order now are Screen-only (I called them up this morning), and I'd prefer to wait until I can protect both sides with my bumper covering the corners.

**EDIT**

After finding a phone number for SGP and confirming that the back protectors now have the appropriate cutouts for the flash I decided to order a set. Plus, it includes 2 complete sets for $25 after shipping, which seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Last edited:

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with this SGP Ultra Crystal so far - compares very well with the PowerSupport, I've lost faith in PowerSupport with them not being ready and making shipping charges 1.5 times the cost of the product.

I'm also quite happy with the Incipio Feather case, seems I have a pretty good combination - the only thing I'm not sure about is the fact the Feather is so minimal that it doesn't come OVER the screen at all so the 1-2mm of bare glass (where the SGP doesn't stretch to) could take damage on the edges quite easily.

I may still go for the Seidio Innocase II when it's out, this was still the BEST case I had on my 3GS, very minimal but at least comes over the edges like Logan's bumper case also appears to.

mis204

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm just hoping that the SGP EX Ultra Crystal is good enough protection for the front and back to use with a bumper. I'm typically very careful with my phones, but accidents do happen (but i guess thats why sqaretrade exists...)

Thanks Logan and Fedorov for your input!

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It would be ample protection IMHO. The protectors are made from scratchproof material so you're covered there. And the bumper protects the sides and corners. Good thing about the bumper is its made of part plastic part rubbery materials, so on impact, it isn't going to crack or break.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm also quite happy with the Incipio Feather case, seems I have a pretty good combination - the only thing I'm not sure about is the fact the Feather is so minimal that it doesn't come OVER the screen at all so the 1-2mm of bare glass (where the SGP doesn't stretch to) could take damage on the edges quite easily.

I did the Incipio Feather Case too, but instead of just using a screen protector (No Availability from PowerSupport) I opted to do the Zagg Invisible Shield on the front and back. I feel like I have pretty good pretection. It is true that the Incipio Feather doesn't give you much front screen protection because it stops right at the edge of the display. I used this case with my 3GS and never had any issues, so I think it will be just fine. Though I was using the PowerSupport anti-glare screen protector instead of the Zagg. I have to say that now that my Invisible Shield has been in place for several days, I am liking it. It does have the orange peel effect, but you don't really see it when the display is lit up. One thing too is that it does really seem to help with the fingerprints and I don't really see any defusion or blurring of the retina display. I wipe it down good once a day and its good to go.

We could drive ourselves over the edge looking at all these different cases and screen protectors! LOL

Last edited: