Screen Protectors Like Power Support's Anti-glare?

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I loved Power Support's Anti-Glare screen protector on my 3GS. I was able to purchase this directly in the Apple store, however I see the 4G one is only available from Power Support at the moment and the shipping prices to the UK are atrocious. Has anyone found a decent alternative that is readily available now?

What I liked about Power Support's one, was the matte finish which didn't obscure the display view. I have a matte finish one at the moment from Griffin but on light colours, especially white, it obscures the display. I think its the texture of the protector coming through.

Thanks.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am also waiting patiently for Power Support's screen protector. I have never used them but have heard nothing but great things about them. I would like to go with the anti-glare ones but i don't want it to take away from the display at all. They call their iphone 4 anti-glare ones "HD" for HD displays, but a lot of manufacturers attach HD to things but they still look bad.

sp219

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I am also waiting patiently for Power Support's screen protector. I have never used them but have heard nothing but great things about them. I would like to go with the anti-glare ones but i don't want it to take away from the display at all. They call their iphone 4 anti-glare ones "HD" for HD displays, but a lot of manufacturers attach HD to things but they still look bad.

Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue. Definitely going to hold out for a Power Support protector but don't know whether to go for anti-glare or "Crystal"?

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same boat and email power support about this telling them I loved the matte finish on the anti glare for 3GS but dont want to wash out display on new iphone....they just said both models are designed for new display. Now if only they confirm it can be returned for full refund if it does wash out the displays I'll be all set!

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I found a seller on eBay selling Steinheil protectors (rumoured to be best on the market to date), so I've ordered one of the anti-finger print protectors for ?11.99. Will see how I get on with that. Also ordered some cheap-o rear protective film from a UK seller for about ?3. Gonna use both with the black Apple Bumper.

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I posted in another thread also about PowerSupport, swear by them, they are always way better than any others I've seen on other iPhones, I've installed many Crystal versions of them.

I emailed them about the atrocious UK shipping costs (19.95 for the Crystal then 28.50 shipping!) - I even asked if they could just send it to me as a letter as it weighs the same and I could pay them via Paypal or something, nope :(

Plus, they won't have them ready until July 26 which I find pretty bad too :(

Anyway, I've ordered the SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal so I'm hoping it's going to be good.
SGP STEINHEIL ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 4

My Incipio Feather case (black) arrived on Friday, quite a nice fit on the iPhone 4, very minimal, can still see the silver band on top/bottom and where the volume/mute buttons are so looks quite smart I think and I have a bit more grip at last! :)

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I
My Incipio Feather case (black) arrived on Friday, quite a nice fit on the iPhone 4, very minimal, can still see the silver band on top/bottom and where the volume/mute buttons are so looks quite smart I think and I have a bit more grip at last! :)

What did you think of the screen protectors that Incipio sent? Usually they are very crappy. I'd settle for that right now though over nothing. I decided to go with the Zagg Invisible Shield for the front. I think if it is installed correctly it will work just fine with the Zagg.

I can say I've down the Power Support Anti-Glare on my iPhone 3GS and it does take away from the screen. But provides a great level of anti-glare and fingerprint resistance. Still the hit to the great display on the iPhone 4 is just not acceptable. My Feather case will be in Tuesday, so I'll finally be all set.

cableguy619

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered these today hoping to find one I will be happy with. I like the Ultra but the covering of the camera bugs me, best skins is a chance and so is case wear:

EX Ultra Crystal - SGP
The Best Skins Ever - Best Skins Ever
case wear - off of ebay

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not even looked at the Incipio screen protectors to be honest, hoping this SGP one when it arrives will be somewhere near as good as the PowerSupport Crystal which I cannot have and will not pay shipping for. :)

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
My SGP Anti Fingerprint arrived today, and whilst it's better then the Griffin Matte, it is actually quite disappointing. I don't remember Power Support one on my 3GS having issues like this where you can really see the protectors "makeup" when the display is showing light or white colours. It really takes away from the iPhone 4's beautiful screen. Not sure what I'll do now. Will wait to see what you say about the SGP one you're getting.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My SGP Anti Fingerprint arrived today, and whilst it's better then the Griffin Matte, it is actually quite disappointing. I don't remember Power Support one on my 3GS having issues like this where you can really see the protectors "makeup" when the display is showing light or white colours. It really takes away from the iPhone 4's beautiful screen. Not sure what I'll do now. Will wait to see what you say about the SGP one you're getting.

Logan thanks for this report. I had considered ordering these, but glad I waited. Right now I have the Zagg Invisible Shield and while they are a pain in the butt to intall mine actually looks pretty darn good. However, once PowerSupport releases their version, I will likely switch over to it. Right now though I can say that the Insible Shield doesn't really degrade the nice Retina display enough for me to be concerned about it.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Logan thanks for this report. I had considered ordering these, but glad I waited. Right now I have the Zagg Invisible Shield and while they are a pain in the butt to intall mine actually looks pretty darn good. However, once PowerSupport releases their version, I will likely switch over to it. Right now though I can say that the Insible Shield doesn't really degrade the nice Retina display enough for me to be concerned about it.

Don't get me wrong, its not terrible, and how off putting it is will be down to the individual user, but I can't help feeling that the screen protector is blurring the screen ever so slightly, most notable on text.

Its worth noting also, that this is the the 'matte' textured version from SGP, as per the "anti fingerprint". It works well in that respect, I can't leave a fingerprint no matter how much I have my digits all over it! Now, whether the 'crystal' version from SGP is better in terms of display clarity and crispness, I don't know. But I can't stand fingerprints, they really irritate me to the point of compulsive cleaning!

The Power Support Anti-Glare one I had for my 3GS, was also a matte texture and I don't recall it blurring the screen whatsoever.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The Power Support Anti-Glare one I had for my 3GS, was also a matte texture and I don't recall it blurring the screen whatsoever.

Yeah I had the PowerSupport Anti-Glare and it too does defuse the display a tad bit, but it not a significant amount. These anti-glare protectors do take some getting use too because of the amount of light they defuse. None the less I hate fingerprints too, but this retina display is so nice, I don't really want anything on it that will defuse that crispness. The Zagg Shield doesn't help with that cause one bit whatsoever.

I noticed SPG has an ultra thin anti-glare, but they are still not in stock. I wonder how much different it would be. Says defuses the light by 30% less than the standard anti-glare.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I had the PowerSupport Anti-Glare and it too does defuse the display a tad bit, but it not a significant amount. These anti-glare protectors do take some getting use too because of the amount of light they defuse. None the less I hate fingerprints too, but this retina display is so nice, I don't really want anything on it that will defuse that crispness. The Zagg Shield doesn't help with that cause one bit whatsoever.

I noticed SPG has an ultra thin anti-glare, but they are still not in stock. I wonder how much different it would be. Says defuses the light by 30% less than the standard anti-glare.

I'm thinking perhaps you're right mate. I reckon the Power Support anti glare did diffuse the screen and I just adjusted to it. Because longer I've had this SGP one on today the less I'm noticing it and it's not really bothering me.

Let me add though this SGP is mch better then the Griffin Matte one. That really did mess the screen up.

I'm having a bit of a reversal on my comments previous about this SGP Anti Fingerprint. Its not that bad when you get used to it and I'd certainly take the small hit for no fingerprints.

That said would like to see what the ultra thin one is like and still reall would prefer a Power Support.

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My SGP Ultra Crystal just arrived so I've put it straight on, couple of pics, note my camera was handheld with no flash so apologies if not as sharp as possible but was trying to catch in good light by the window for you.

73i82h.jpg

20pufjl.jpg

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Looks pretty good. What's it like for fingerprints and does it diffuse or blur the screen in any way? How do you rate it against Power Support 3GS protectors if you owned one? Thanks.

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem to have blurred the screen at all, nothing noticeable. Yes I've used the PowerSupport Crystal on every iPhone and family and friends.

It went on just as easy as the PowerSupport Crystal, two small bubbles near bottom as it finished going down which I got out within seconds with the included squeegee.
Yes, fingerprints show as soon as you slap your fingers on the screen but I always just do a quick heavy breath on the screen, quick wipe on t-shirt or jeans and it's fine - prefer having a few fingerprints and a crystal clear display over anything else to be honest :)

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Look really good! That is the worse part of these anti-glare screen protectors, they defuse the light so much that it does sort of blur the screen, dull colors. However, they don't show fingerprints as readily as these crystal. I don't like my screen defused, but I hate the fingerprints. It like you just can't have it both ways! :)

Thanks for the pictures... good job!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro