Screen protectors/films: Do they affect the display?

NealJ777

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I never had a screen protector on my iPod Touch 3G, but I'm considering it for my 4G. Does a screen protector affect the display in anyway? (make it dimmer or have any other affect on the display?)

Thank you :)
Neal

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Crystal ones will not (best options would be power support, or SGP). I think the majority of the other ones will at least a little. The only downside to crystal ones is that they are fingerprints and oil magnets.

I personally use power support anti-glares for my iphone. it takes away from the screen a little, but no fingerprints or oil spots. But if you are only interested in screen clarity, then Crystal protectors are the way to go.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
the only effects ive ever experienced are the one of protection and the unfortunate slight (very very very very slight) bluring of the screen

NealJ777

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to update this thread. I ended up going with BodyGuardz. I didn't trust myself to install it correctly, so I went past a kiosk in the mall. I turned off the iPod and didn't touch it for about 18 hours. I didn't want to risk messing up the install.

I had the "full wrap" (front and back) install and I love it. It's been about a week now and you can hardly tell that it's there. The only way you can really "tell" is when you are swiping because you can feel the BodyGuardz material.

I have the KeyRing Rewards app installed and I haven't had a chance to see if the BodyGuardz has any effect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative