Screen Protector - Yes or NO?

I

iMore Question

Just wondering if you all are currently using screen protectors on your iPhone 5 or 5S? If so, what kind? I like the feel of the screen without one, but I'm worried about scratches.

Also, has anyone used a glass screen protector? If so, how is it?

For those of you that don't use any screen protection, do you have any scratches?

Thanks!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector never have. The gorilla glass is not prone to scratches from normal use but if you have your phone in your pocket with your keys that might pose a problem

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My older phones that used plastic material for there screens and those with a styles use to develop scratches on heavy used on screen game control areas but it's never happened on any of my iPhones

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Always use them. I have the Zagg glass screen protector on both my personal and work iPhones. I love them and the feel Is just like the glass screen. If put on right you can't even tell it's on there. I'm mobile right now but check out the accessories forum there is a whole thread on the glass protectors.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I use the screen protector you can purchase from Verizon. They come in a three pack. Once on you almost never have to change them. Probably an illogical decision lol but I like to have one on my screen

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I never use one on my iPhones, nor a case, never needed too, I've never put a mark in my iPhones. On my siblings 5 and 5c I use the tech armor. Not expensive and work good enough.

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Never used a screen protector before, never have any marks on my screen. Mind you, in careful with my phone and consciously think what it is sharing a pocket with

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little biased when it comes to screen protectors but yes I have always had one on my phones. To people that say they don't have scratches on their phone without a screen protector and they've had their phone for more than 6 months, 9 times out of 10 I can find tiny fine scratches throughout the screen. Again, my view on screen protectors is biased being a diehard ZAGG user.

sinfool

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Always use them. I usually buy the cheap 3x-5x plain clear ones. Some are better than others but in general they work great. If they do get a scratch, I put a new one on. They've lasted as long as my device has in most cases. I never really liked the older more expensive orange peel zagg covers.

One time in the car the cover saved me. Had my iPad on my lap under my coat, got out of the car quickly and the iPad flew off my lap & skidded across the parking like a frisbee. The screen cover had scratched but the screen underneath was still like new.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope .. None on iPads or phones even on my kids no issues or scratches

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh