Screen protector or not?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i currently have just plain old sticky one on there i put on perfectly but has same effect as glass did so im not understanding maybe the like centimeter im off not even centimeter is reason why lol. i have cheap case by destek with built in screen over it anyways.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I go back and forth. My last long term phone before my iPhone 6 was a Galaxy S3. I used that without a screen protector for most of the time I had it. There were a couple very minor screen blemishes when it came time to sell it, but I honestly don't thing it hurt the resale by any perceptible degree. I always take care of my electronics and gear but I definitely didn't baby it either.

Right now there is a screen protector on my 6. It's been on for about 5 months, and I happened to apply this one perfectly, so I'll leave it on until it starts peeling up or gets scratched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoledman

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I once did the screen protector thing when I started out with smartphones in 2012. What a joke, always had the bubbles and it was never necessary given I never put something like metal keys in the same pocket as the phone. The only time I've ever scratched up a smartphone screen is when I accidentally dropped a Nexus 5 on a concrete floor.

I only put a case on my new iPhone 6S because the damn thing is so slippery in the hand that I have no doubt it will fall some day and shatter on the ground. Makes me wonder sometimes about "form over function" and make me think that maybe Nokia had the right idea with that polycarbonate.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
No screen protector for me. I use to use Zagg Glass but I hated how it didn't cover the entire screen when I got my 6 Plus so o Renoir & never looked back. Bought the plus on launch last year & haven't had any issues with scratches or anything (knock on wood). Unfortunately I've dropped that device a million times (wasn't use to the size) & even kicked it in the parking lot & still nothing. Hopefully I'll be just as successful with my 6s & 6s plus.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
So I went att and guy put glass on once again the glass around the edges did not stick. Do I have a defective damaged phone or something ? This is second time went somewhere had glass put on and it did not stick around the edges. Has anyone had this problem. If you have glass installed fine which brand? I wanna get one asap.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
So I went att and guy put glass on once again the glass around the edges did not stick. Do I have a defective damaged phone or something ? This is second time went somewhere had glass put on and it did not stick around the edges. Has anyone had this problem. If you have glass installed fine which brand? I wanna get one asap.
One of the reasons I don't do glass screen protectors anymore. I have the Tech 21 self healing protector. It adheres to the sides better and you don't get any chipping. Best screen protector I have even had.

Trystanlg1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I always use them, because I work on building sites and there always dust or sand in my pocket, and it help when you sell the phone and also you'll get a better price for the phone

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had my current one on since June. I put it on before beach season kicked in. Now I want to take it off but I did such a good job (I don't usually) that I don't have the heart to remove it. I'll never put one on this perfectly ever again. Lol.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Screen protector, all the way. To those of you who say you have never had a scratch without a protector, look at it again in the light. I guarantee you have some light scratches. My wife has barely left the house since she got her 6s on launch day and it has light scratching. I put a $7 screen protector on it. I work in a different place every day and usually get dirty throughout the day. If I went without a screen protector I would destroy my screen.....

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
This is my first time going with no screen protector and so far so good.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Is it odd I'm breaking out in a cold sweat reading about people who don't have screen protectors on????? :p:p:p
I have had them on from day 1 on EVERY phone and always will, but I think I have a mild OCD over it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Used to be a avid screen protector user, until the 5s. Then the tempered glass annoyed me with TouchID. Have been screen protector free since and don't have a single screen flaw on any of my devices.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I always apply screen protectors. I use the cheap ones, also put a clear skin on the back just to protect from scratches. On top of that I still use a case. I bought the Nodus wallet style leather case. Absolute best case I ever used. Like to keep my phone looking like new.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77