• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Screen protector for the 8

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Who will be getting one ? I am tempted to get the belkin one installed from the Apple store when I go pick up my iPhone 8, but i am a little concerned about the touch sensitivity and the color with a screen protector

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend Zagg’s InvisibleShield Glass+.
The Belkin is known to not last long nor protect as well as a screen protector should.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Who will be getting one ? I am tempted to get the belkin one installed from the Apple store when I go pick up my iPhone 8, but i am a little concerned about the touch sensitivity and the color with a screen protector

Belkin one at apple is garbage. I had one and it scratches easily AND it chipped and cracked on its own. Don't buy it please

e897e147610f6774aeecfbd68c489244.png
d41187db77ab64ff86df9be7ca286db9.png

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Surprisingly the best glass screen protector I've used is the Yootech from Amazon. You get 2 in a pack for $7/8. I still have one from my 7 Plus so I'll probably just use it.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I used to swear by Zagg bc of quality and lifetime guarantee until I realized I’m careful with my phones and never had to replace a screen protector, even when they were the flimsy material before glass. So no more $25+ screen protectors for me.

Last year I purchased a 2 pack of the Max Boost tempered glass protectors for the 7 plus off Amazon for ~$8 and the 2nd one is still sitting in the box.

I’m definitely going that route again for the iPhone X when I get mine.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have never put a screen protector on any iPhone I’ve ever owned and I’m not about to start now, but that’s Just Me, D. I don’t worry about damaging my iPhone and that’s probably the reason I don’t damage them - that and Apple Care +...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Zagg’s InvisibleShield has been the best choice, Belkin has been my second choice. After that any 2 for $10 on Amazon work pretty well.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
No screen protector for me. Haven't used one since the 5 & I just don't feel I need to.
Agreed! I briefly had one on my 1st iPhone, thought it looked terrible and haven't used one since. I don't use a case either. I've dropped my iPhone 6 a few times, it's got scuffs on 3 of the corners of the body and yet the screen is pristine!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman