Screen protector for iPad 3: Yes or No?

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I used an original iPad for almost 2 years without a screen protector. Not a single scratch. I plan on getting a case, but will never distort that beautiful screen with a layer of plastic.

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've always put a screen protector on my iPads. Now that I have the iPad 3, I'm not sure if I want to do that with my Retina display. Will you be putting a screen protector on your iPad 3? Anyone had any scratches on their iPad without a screen protector? Finally, are there any screen protectors that don't diminish the awesomeness of the Retina display?
I have yet to find a screen protector that doesn't diminish the awesomeness of the display.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends on the person. My wife has her phone (Droid Incredible 2 with Gorilla glass) in the bottom of her purse. Without a screen protector it scratched badly. But an iPad screen will usually not be in the same situation.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I use one for sure on my iPhone. I didn't and have a couple real light scratches. Nothing real bad could not notice it unless you really looked but I put screen protector on the front and back of my phone.

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i'm waiting for the Powersupport iPad 3 anti-glare screen protector as well.... when will they release that damn thing!

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My 1st generation iPad got a scratch on the screen after I took the screen protector off. It bugged me to no end. Currently my 3rd generation doesn't have one, but once my case gets here today it will be getting the one that comes with it put on. I am not risking it.

aarendavid

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Feature that can be nice in an iPad 3 screen protector is anti-smudge. Given that you are constantly touching the iPad screen and sometimes not with the cleanest of hands, anti-smudge or anti-fingerprint technology can be a big plus.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
GLARE!

OMG I tried to o without a SP but glare is a killer for me.

Second issue...fingerprints and lines from the smart cover.

I'm not using a SP to protect the screen I'm using it for glare and smudges.

Anyone know of an anti glare SP that is best for the retina display?

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a cheap eBay protector on my iPhone 4s, but as others have stated my phone spends a lot of time in my pocket and other convenient places. I have a leather case cover for my iPad 3HD/LTE. so the protection isn't needed. However, I hate all the finger smudges. The new pad is resistant to them to some degree, but they still get on there. I can live with the effort needed to keep it clean so I probably won't use one. If I did, it would have to be anti-glare like the one on the phone.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not using a screen cover on the iPad 3rd Gen. I did not use one on my iPad 1st Gen and it still looks brand new w/o any marks.

dev2nsu

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I never used a screen protector for my iPad. As long as you take care of it with a case you should be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here.

I used to as well, and do on my iPhone, but I use various stylus pens on my iPad and some are subtle for drawing. I can't get the same response or even close to it with a iPad Screen Protector, no matter how expensive or cheap.

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I use the Power Support Crystal Film on both my iPad and iPhone 4s. Go with the crystal as opposed to the anti-glare, as there is no distortion, even on the retina screens.

They get scratched up from having finger pirnts etc. wiped off, you put on a new one (although I can easily go 6 months to a year without needing to replace it...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods