Screen Protector cause a Rainbow Band

randydaniel24

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
So I have a InvisibleShield glass screen protector on my iPhone x and when you pull up a screen with white you get a rainbow band around the screen protector. Is anyone else experiencing this?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You will get that if the screen protector isn’t aligned perfectly or isn’t sized correctly. OLED screens are different than LCD as each pixel of an OLED panel is its own individual light and what’s happening is each of those lights is hitting the edge of the screen protector where you see the rainbow.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, that’s normal.
I’d recommend getting the Belkin from Apple, in which they will install it perfectly.

Basically every review says they crack on Apple site.

4d540a320b3e79e9dbcccb4552b366cf.jpg

f771b27b99a625da3d49fe6208eeba78.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, rarely a positive review ever.

With basically 9 out of 10 of what seems all reviews say they crack, it seems to be a big issue with these. I heard these are super thin compared to others. So that might be why. Can you honestly recommend it with those reviews and at $39?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
With basically 9 out of 10 of what seems all reviews say they crack, it seems to be a big issue with these. I heard these are super thin compared to others. So that might be why. Can you honestly recommend it with those reviews and at $39?

For the perfect installation, I would still recommend it. I’ve heard a few people telling me to not worry too much about the reviews.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
For the perfect installation, I would still recommend it. I’ve heard a few people telling me to not worry too much about the reviews.
But 90% of the reviews? Man there obviously is a problem with that product. If people want to buy from your recommendation, then that cool. By that least people can see there really is a problem with that product. And at $39, it better be good.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'd normally get the Belkins from the Apple Store, but those reviews are right. They're garbage. Mine cracked after a day even though I didn't drop my phone or hit the screen at all. I had to go back to Zagg.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I ordered a 2-pack of Spigen SP’s from Amazon, then (because I’m OCD) couldn’t wait, and had a Verizon rep install a ZAGG shield on my X...even though my personal experience with them has been that they chip & crack as well. Well...oddly enough, she did a phenomenally perfect job of installation and I haven’t had a single issue (no rainbow, no halo effect, no chipping...) that would force me to rip the SP off and install the Spigen one...yet.

So far, I’m pleasantly surprised.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Rhino Shield edge 2 edge tempered glass and it does not cause the rainbow affect. It does take a few days for all 4 corners to settle into place but once they do it fits perfectly. The only challenge will be certain cases, I was using the Apple Silicone case and no issues, but my new case is more robust and it causes the corners to bubble up a bit. Still it the best overall fit and protection for edge to edge. https://rhinoshield.io/collections/iphone-x

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox