Scanner Bin

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
We received a Scanner Bin and tablet from an organization that we're doing testing for tomorrow. They want us to place all the answer sheets in the box and scan them at the end of the test. At first I was both amused and annoyed at the extra step. It seemed silly to me, and a bit overkill, but after playing around with it a bit this morning, I can see the merits. It adds security incase the original documents get lost by the return shipment. And the scanner bin is really pretty cool, and when I checked, it only costs about $12.95 on Amazon, and $10.00 if you order directly from scannerbin.com. I would order from Amazon, because I have Amazon Prime and wouldn't have to pay for shipping.

So what, exactly, is a Scanner Bin? A Scanner Bin is basically a cardboard box that you can place documents in for scanning. There is a square hole cut out on the top, where you can place either a smartphone or tablet on top, and scan documents. There are many benefits to using this box, which include (source: Scanner Bin Website):

- Scan a stack of paper or a notebook in under a minute
- Scan receipts for returns and insurance records
- Students use it to digitize their notes
- Scan family pictures
- Real-estate agents complete deals from anywhere
- Professional drivers scan receipts right in their vehicle
- Professional organizers (NAPO) and their clients
- Property managers scan invoices
- Trade-show warriors
- Small business owners

One of the best points is that it will be awesome for people who can't hold their phone or tablet still.

I'll post and update to this tomorrow after I've actually used it to scan several documents. I am thinking of purchasing one, because while I've been able to scan documents reasonably well, I think this would be very beneficial and would give me better scans! And besides, it's so affordable, and simple to use.

Also, if you're interested in learning more, the creator of Scanner Bin has posted several videos on You Tube.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Great idea, but not sure I'd pay 12 dollars for it. Free boxes, shipped free, from UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Then all you'd need is the dimensions and cutout placement. I'm sure someone online has posted that info.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy a template for this rather than a cardboard box.... free boxes are entirely too easy to come by.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Great idea, but not sure I'd pay 12 dollars for it. Free boxes, shipped free, from UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Then all you'd need is the dimensions and cutout placement. I'm sure someone online has posted that info.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy a template for this rather than a cardboard box.... free boxes are entirely too easy to come by.

You have a good point! But I'm lazy! :D

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Amazing what people can come up with. This is really neat and if I were in the market for something like this, I'd probably buy it.

But since I work for an electronics company than manufactures office MFP's, I'm good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77