Saying Goodbye to iPhone

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
After my first foray into iOS and iPhone, I've decided to go back to Android. After having an iPhone 6s Plus (64GB) for about a year and a half, I've come to realize that it's ok...Not spectacular... Just...ok.

I'm trading up to a Galaxy S8 Plus. The only thing I will miss will be the 3D touch. I can live without it.

I prefer wireless Qi charging, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (with up to 256GB microSD), Chromecast/Miracast support, RAW image capture (built in), IP68 water proofing, retina scanner, finger print, face recognition, and Samsung Pay.

I'll get my shiny new S8 Plus in three weeks.

Buh, bye

Posted via the iMore App for Android

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The S8 looks like a slick device. I hope you enjoy your new toy when you get it. We'll be right here to welcome you back with open arms when the "shiny" wears off!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After my first foray into iOS and iPhone, I've decided to go back to Android. After having an iPhone 6s Plus (64GB) for about a year and a half, I've come to realize that it's ok...Not spectacular... Just...ok.

I'm trading up to a Galaxy S8 Plus. The only thing I will miss will be the 3D touch. I can live without it.

I prefer wireless Qi charging, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (with up to 256GB microSD), Chromecast/Miracast support, RAW image capture (built in), IP68 water proofing, retina scanner, finger print, face recognition, and Samsung Pay.

Buh, bye

Take care, and enjoy your new smartphone....:cool:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Buh, bye

Hopefully they've tested it thoroughly to ensure they're not literally the hottest phone out.

I have both iOS and Android phones and was glad that my job moves slow in giving out new devices or I might have had one of those fire-starters.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Buh, bye

Having had most of the flagship Galaxy phones over the last few years, I get it. Enjoy your new device when you get it. I hope it works out for you.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the iPhone is anything spectacular either, but it doesn't have to be nor should people see it as such. It's not the above all, be all. Same goes with any device, computer, tablet, etc.

With what you are moving over to, it's ground breaking and is already old to be quite honest, yup it's already outdated...

I don't have to and should have to list why the iPhone serves it's purpose in my life. But it just work well for me. I don't need extra features and flashy things to make my day productive. I have been with many platforms over the past few years and been there, and seen it. It's something new, you try it and it doesn't work well for you, so you go with something else....

But as stated above, we will be here when you switch back over, or better yet stick around on Android Central as it seems you are already there and they have a awesome crew over there.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You COULD be like me and have 1 of each! Have an iPhone 7 Plus, Moto Z Force, Lumia 950 and BlackBerry KEYone coming. ;) LOL (Mate 9 on loan to my brother, BUT I'm probably selling it!)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Smartphones are bordering on the appliance list so any new device will do what you need them too. I prefer a proven device that does the job and does ot reliably

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
To be fair to Samsung. It was only a few dozen phones that caught on fire out of HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS produced. I realize that is of little consolation for the people who had that happen to them. Also, there are reports of iPhone 7s catching fire as well. Not as many, to be sure, but it still happens.

Samsung is anything but stupid. I think Samsung is better at employing lessons learned than Apple. That is another reason why I'm going back to Samsung.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
The S8 looks like a slick device. I hope you enjoy your new toy when you get it. We'll be right here to welcome you back with open arms when the "shiny" wears off!

Haha! If Microsoft offered a phone that worked on Verizon, I'd go back to Windows Mobile.

But they don't, and having owned Samsung devices in the past, I know what I'm getting. A really good device.

I'm going back to the only Apple product I own is an iPod.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Haha! If Microsoft offered a phone that worked on Verizon, I'd go back to Windows Mobile.

But they don't, and having owned Samsung devices in the past, I know what I'm getting. A really good device.

I'm going back to the only Apple product I own is an iPod.

Ah! Makes sense for you then. I was constantly switching between Android and iOS until February 2016 and I have several  things. Just need a MacBook now

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Samsung is anything but stupid. I think Samsung is better at employing lessons learned than Apple. That is another reason why I'm going back to Samsung.

They produce visually spectacular products, but they don't last.
Also Samsung is one of the slowest to provide updates.

As a former owner of many Galaxy series, the last one an S6 Edge I am convinced that Samsung products don't last.

Battery performance becomes poor after 1 year, updates usually perform worst and prices are not cheap.

The place for the fingerprint sensor in the new S8 is another mistake and not sure yet, but guess my small iPhone SE is faster that any Android phone, will wait for reviews and comparisons

peter_78

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm a switcher to from iPhone 6s+ to Samsung S8+ because I don't think and feel that apple has the lead in design and technological forefront as Samsung is today! I feel that Samsung pushes the technological forefront and create rethinking design and explore new areas. which Apple no longer do and now Apple copying Samsung design and technology and frontier.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm a switcher to from iPhone 6s+ to Samsung S8+ because I don't think and feel that apple has the lead in design and technological forefront as Samsung is today! I feel that Samsung pushes the technological forefront and create rethinking design and explore new areas. which Apple no longer do and now Apple copying Samsung design and technology and frontier.

Apple has never expressed much interest in being first to market with new technology or features. Usually, they prefer to let the other companies hash out the issues and then ease into something new with better information.

How is Apple copying Samsung?

Regardless, enjoy your new S8+. It's mighty pretty.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Chasing the latest and greatest is kind of like this:
giphy.gif

Pick the device/system that works for you and enjoy it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit