Samsung took a beating from the iPhone...

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Here's the thing. Is Apple better than Samsung? No! They are two different phones for two different types of people. Anyone that can say Samsung is a horrible device is basing that clearly on personal taste and opinion. Do I think Apple is better? Yes I do! And I will continue to buy Apple products until they no longer suit my needs anymore. If Samsung released a phone tomorrow that I found to be better than Apple in terms of software, build quality, and customer service I would be a complete arse hat to pay a grand on an iPhone when there was something out there better for me. That being said I wouldn't go trolling YouTube, and all these review sites claiming Samsung king because I could take one look around and see clearly by the iPhone in most people's hands that I would be acting delusional. The same way I'd be delusional going over to android central and trying to convince a group who paid their hard earned dollar with completely different lifestyle and needs than me that an iPhone was better. We can debate, argue, call names, and troll as much as we like the end of the day Apple is one kick a** device right now and has been for years. Samsung is also a kick a** device, along with HTC, Nokia, Motorola, LG.... You want to argue what's better? You'd be better off arguing who's lifestyle is better cause that's the only way a certain phone is going to fall into an individual category. No one phone will ever be the best. One will always sell more, but to have a clear winner by personal tastes we would become minions who all were named Joe and worked at the gravel pit...... Oh and we would all like to rock cases and use screen protectors too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You without a doubt prove my point

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity (not that I don't already know the answer to this but I'll humor your response)...why exactly are you committing to this opposition role in this thread?

It's a thread discussion a single quarter. Yes...and within that single quarter, there was a tremendous success...a success that Apple has regularly enjoyed historically. You, for whatever reason, want to highlight and reflect the down times as if that is where Apple usually finds itself...but why you think that, I honestly cannot fathom, because it's simply untrue.

No one in this thread has even remotely implied that Apple is successful 100% of the time, nor are they trying to say that other companies are failures, in the nature of this thread, 100% of the time...but for some reason you're retorting to the thread as if both were the subject of discussion here.

I'm actually surprised that you're trying to make a point that Apple only has a single victory under it's belt. It's so false it's actually humorous!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was more a less just speaking my mind about my views on this Apple and Samsung shenanigans, and had nothing really to do with proving your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only "point" that I've actually seen from the guy in this thread has been the ones that he bizarrely deduced from the lot of us discussing Apples successful Q4 numbers (as was the original topic of the thread). Some how he turned that into people saying Apple is the king of all kings and has never faltered...and has now derailed the thread with this weird observation (that no one was feeding at all).

In other words...he really had no relevant point, so he's trying to assign other people's comments to his own to try and maintain some kind of legitimacy in this thread.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I think the BlackBerry Passport is the best! No seriously, it isn't a bad device!?!

Okay fine, just breaking the mood a little. Although the likes of @JustMe'D and @H A W K have some very valid arguments.

Anyway, carry on...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much also for reminding me as I am a member of all 3 as I have all 3 platforms
It doesn't matter. You are participating here at iMore and that's the only one I'm concerned with.
completely slipped my mind esp when I had iphone from it launched does that make me a native?
I do recall saying to not point out the Apple products you've owned or currently own as if that's makes it okay...;)

I could defend myself and was not rilling up no natives by saying it's still to early to claim victory who's being overly sensitive here,
We saw the article as proof of what we had been saying all alone that Apple is not doomed anytime soon, and nothing more. You, however, seemed to take offense to that.
when you say something people here are so quick to jump on the attack, but if one was to retaliate they are reported.
Dude, this is iMore and we are very tolerant, but that doesn't mean we won't stand our ground. As for reporting people who retaliate, that's usually done by the person who started the ruckus. I mentioned that, too, when I said don't cry foul when the feedback becomes overwhelming.
Just because ones in Rome doesn't mean one cannot have a different thought pattern that the norm take 300 hundred for instance.
You do recall what happened to the 300, right?

Who is crying foul?
Right now it's you.
Is it crying foul to state that you use a particular platform As well so I can really do a real comparison? Just because certain people have there own opinion everyone should just conform and agree to everything
If you invite someone to your home and through their indifference, start telling you how they dislike all the things in your house, would you be offended? Yes, you would. You'd be offended not necessarily for the fact that he or she didn't like the things in your home, but because he or she didn't have the decency to keep that crap to themselves while you entertained them in your home.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Me-thinks we have someone here who argues for the sake of an arguement and derives some sort of pleasure from sowing discord and observing reactions... I'm familiar with the type...

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Would a wise one bank everything on 1/4?

Would a wise person talk about where we are in the current quarter as if it is relevant to discussion about the last quarter?

Don't act like you're being wise when you're saying silly things. There's a reason Q4 is looked at carefully. It's a quarter when devices are released and it's one of the busiest shopping seasons of the year. Not all quarters are created equally. A wise person would realize this.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes indeed... but why do we always compare to Samsung? Maybe in the future, the Nexus devices will fully kick off. Apple vs Nexus :biggrin:

Apple is compared vs Samsung because we aren't in a hypothetical future where other devices are as successful as these two brands.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much also for reminding me as I am a member of all 3 as I have all 3 platforms completely slipped my mind esp when I had iphone from it launched does that make me a native?

I could defend myself and was not rilling up no natives by saying it's still to early to claim victory who's being overly sensitive here, when you say something people here are so quick to jump on the attack, but if one was to retaliate they are reported. Just because ones in Rome doesn't mean one cannot have a different thought pattern that the norm take 300 hundred for instance.

Who is crying foul?
Is it crying foul to state that you use a particular platform As well so I can really do a real comparison? Just because certain people have there own opinion everyone should just conform and agree to everything

Dude. Let's be honest. You're here to rabble rouse.

I just checked the CB site and it seems you guys don't really have much to talk about over there these days.

Nothing personal against you by any stretch.

Just calling a spade a spade.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
TJust because ones in Rome doesn't mean one cannot have a different thought pattern that the norm take 300 hundred for instance.

Jesus dude, now you're just showing how absolutely uninformed about everything you are.

By the time the 300(Spartans) encountered the Roman Legion, their military and political power had long since faded. And they were never in Rome. They were invaded BY the Romans.

The Romans came in using the same tactics with better tech and advanced warfare strategies.

It was never really a fight...

Kinda like where Blackberry is now.

No?

Or at least a very similar situation.

History really does repeat itself over and over.

Mozel Tov!

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I used to love my Note 3... Until Samsung forced the Kitkat update on me.
Then I realised that Samsung never releases new phones with the latest Android OS, they fire up the update a few months later, and from my personal experiences with Android, especially Samsung, that's never a good thing.
I also got really peeved that after paying full price for my device, and owning it in full, that Samsung would force the update on me, it amounted to vandalism, for me.
It's MY effing phone, don't anybody tell me what kind of OS to run it on, damn it.
Then it dawned on me that my beloved Note Pro was going to suffer the same fate. So when I had that embarrassing spider incident which cracked the screen beyond repair, I figured it was time to go back to Apple in full.
At least when you buy their latest release, it comes with their latest IOS, and they don't force updates on you.
So far I must say I'm really glad I did.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
yea thanks for the break down yes, lets just base everything on one quarter irregardless of the consecutive smackdown been given back to back to back, but one quarter and yep thats complete dominance.
As you claimed a "regular occurrence" and isnt that a comparison from prior events?
maybe its just me and my limited expectations but in order for me to claim true dominance, i would want to have a couple over my opponents not just a one up. hope you dont get too bend out of shape about this now
but yes give due where its due not saying it isnt something spectacular but saying lets see how it goes before one start tooting any horns.

What smack down back to back to back?

According to this graph there was only one incidence in the last five years in September 2013. RIGHT BEFORE a the new model whch is historically when sales slow as people wait for the new release.
View attachment 76661

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Right claiming victory for 1 win out of 4 when your opponent been consecutively beating you back to back. And saying it's to early to claim victory, that make no sense to you? And is bad logic right -_-. I shouldn't be surprised by this though.

There is no claim here. Apple's performance is FACT.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Apparently this is only the beginning, they say next quarter is going to be worse for Samsung.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Apparently this is only the beginning, they say next quarter is going to be worse for Samsung.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

For their mobile division, yes. The Edge isn't selling well and I believe they thought it would be their groundbreaking device.

I like Samsung. Own two of their TVs and even own a Galaxy Tab 10inch Nook that I won at a Holiday party.

Cool tablet to read books on.

I just don't see them coming up with anything new in the next 13 months.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
For their mobile division, yes. The Edge isn't selling well and I believe they thought it would be their groundbreaking device.

I like Samsung. Own two of their TVs and even own a Galaxy Tab 10inch Nook that I won at a Holiday party.

Cool tablet to read books on.

I just don't see them coming up with anything new in the next 13 months.

Got a great three door refrigerator, freezer on bottom, and a great new glass/ceramic cooktop from Samsung. TV in my bedroom is Samsung. They make good stuff.

We'll see what they do next year.

However, nothing beats my Beloved for my use. Looking forward to the iPhone 6sPlus (or whatever it's called!) in September.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Got a great three door refrigerator, freezer on bottom, and a great new glass/ceramic cooktop from Samsung. TV in my bedroom is Samsung. They make good stuff.

We'll see what they do next year.

However, nothing beats my Beloved for my use. Looking forward to the iPhone 6sPlus (or whatever it's called!) in September.
Don't you have a note 4?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes. Love it. It's a great phone.
But I still love my Beloved best.