Samsung is shamelessly copying iOS 16's Lock Screen options

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow…. I have no words.

Makes sense why so many Samsung users are switching to the iPhone 14 pro and pro max, especially in Korea where apple now has a 30% marketshare. That must sting for Samsung.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It has been said that Samsung is the closest thing to Apple. It’s Business 101 to know what your competitors are doing as well as put your own twist on a product/service that’s already successful for them. Apple does the same thing so I don’t have a problem with it. After all, aren’t we supposed to learn from the best?….;)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Learning from a competitor and copying are two very different things.

If you factor in the Samsung ads attacking apple and their customers, well that’s just beyond being disingenuous.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is not uncommon for a company to take something that was created by a competitor and put its spin on it. Take for instance Google Duo and FaceTime. Both provide video communications.

As for Samsung’s attack ads, well it’s business 101 again - bring attention to your product while clasp convincing consumers why they should stop using the competitions’.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don’t think google created a duplicate of FaceTime with duo. They copied the idea and failed but they didn’t copy the ui or apples implementation of it.

This on the other hand is pretty blatant, last time Samsung cloned the iPhone they were sued and they lost.

I humbly disagree regarding the ads, marketing 101 insists on never naming the competitor in an ad, that’s just free publicity for the competitor.

It’s just pretty peculiar to attack a competitor then copy them a month later , but I guess Samsung has a history of that.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Apple is the most successful kid on the block, by an epic mile. Copying the most successful is to be expected especially as Samsung is the Apple alternate to quite a few people (especially the Apple haters).

Off topic about Samsung, today MrWhoseTheBoss on YT had an awful video about Samsung smartphones. Like a number of successful YT tech channels they keep virtually every smartphone released over the years. Dozens and dozens and dozens of smartphones on big decorative shelving. He discovered that his Samsung phones and only his Samsung phones batteries were bursting the phones. He probably has over 100 phones on the shelf. He checked them, 4 Samsungs had burst. So He reached out to other big YT tech channels and this is happening on Samsung phones elsewhere. It appears that Samsung phones batteries burst if the phone sits unused and the battery was at a low charge when put on the shelf. The thing is it happened even to a 2.5 year old Galaxy.
He did say the disclaimer, this can theoretically happen to any phone but it is happening precisely to Samsung in a museum of smartphones that are all kept in precisely the same environment. Not Apple, not Google, not Huwei etc only to Samsungs.
If you have an old Samsung that you just put into the drawer you better check it, there is a tangible chance it has burst even if slightly. Do NOT try to charge it if you see even slightly the smartphone seam splitting.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It’s getting spicy on Twitter.

9fdf9d8a9afb4780666966ab81eee3df.png

4632bfe77f46551c104b375cd7a78a95.png

463ceaa94d7abf7b4eaf057ad1b07e59.png

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It’s not just the Lock Screen

https://twitter.com/leakerapple/status/1581630972889821187?s=46&t=ySyz2hUD83FGJ1Gn-DZC8g

It’s weird Samsung and their rabid fans claim the iPhone doesn’t have innovation, if that’s true and than why copy apples ios 15 and ios 16?

Here is what was copied:

iOS Lock Screen and ux to change Lock Screen
Battery widget
Stacking widgets
Swiping through widgets
App suggestions widget
widget suggestions
widget shape
Focus Modes
Selecting text from an image right from the photo app

Samsung seems to have just given up and copied the iPhone whole sale.

Edit looks like google is copying too:

3dc49d2b21554097fa6c73c41a2dd5b9.png

2086831f278dd25a23d94fa3d12b92b9.png

Now I understand why apple has the most market share in the US, I guess consumers don’t want to buy cheap copies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2