Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed recently that I am constantly getting google requests to sign in, and more frequently than seems reasonable. Is this google getting round Apple’s anti tracking regime ? I get these requests several times a day both on Safari and while in Amazon’s Kindle app. This is beyond tedious, it is by-our-lady infuriating .

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed recently that I am constantly getting google requests to sign in, and more frequently than seems reasonable. Is this google getting round Apple’s anti tracking regime ? I get these requests several times a day both on Safari and while in Amazon’s Kindle app. This is beyond tedious, it is by-our-lady infuriating .

I suspect this is the anti-tracking protection working properly.

If you’re not on a Alphabet property (e.g.: YouTube, Google, Nest, etc.), you shouldn’t be getting login prompts. Otherwise, something sketchy is going on that site by trying to track you through Alphabet Google (or you could have malware on your device, which is unlikely but not impossible on an iPhone).

Do have a look in your Safari settings to make sure “Block Popups” is enabled.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I suspect this is the anti-tracking protection working properly.

If you’re not on a Alphabet property (e.g.: YouTube, Google, Nest, etc.), you shouldn’t be getting login prompts. Otherwise, something sketchy is going on that site by trying to track you through Alphabet Google (or you could have malware on your device, which is unlikely but not impossible on an iPhone).

Do have a look in your Safari settings to make sure “Block Popups” is enabled.

Thanks for the suggestion ! it was.
What happened to Apple’s own browser, much trumpeted some years ago ? I keep noticing google inserts where they didn’t use to be. I could do without it !

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You could always try signing out of google on safari for a couple of days, and see how that works out.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
A couple of suggestions that may be from out in left field:
Go to settings>Safari. If your search engine is Google, consider DDG. Block pops are on. Prevent Cross site tracking is On.
Click Advanced>Website Data. This will tell you what websites have data held for Safari.
Now go back a page and click Clear browsing History. This can include website data clearing.

Lastly, go back to main Settings, click on Privacy>App Privacy Report>Turn on Report. In a week of usage, go back to this page to see what Apps are accessing the network as well as web pages in Safari that are hitting the network. This, if nothing else, will give you an idea of who is most often calling back to the mothership (expect to see Facebook even if you don’t really use it).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151