Safari long time bug

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone, I’m currently running iOS 15.6 on my XS Max. For the past couple years I’ve noticed and dealt with it, but now I’m getting frustrated with it. When I go back on a page on safari it brings me back to the top of the previous page. Is there a way to make it not do that? I’d rather be where I left off on the previous page when I backspace. Thank you in advanced! Ps. It even does that on my iPad.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After reading your post, I fired up the safari app on my iPhone and pulled up a web page. I then pulled up an article and scrolled down to a particular section therein. Afterwards, I visited another two web pages and after going back to the original web page, Safari displayed the exact section of the article I last visited.

Note: I am using an iPhone 13 Pro running the latest dev beta of iOS 16.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
11 Pro Max running 15.6 official.

Opened Safari, loaded a web page and went to several more links from that page. Going back takes me to the same place on the previous paces.

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
My wife has the very same phone as you running 15.6. When I get a chance I’ll try hers and see. On my iPhone 13 Pro also running 15.6 I’m not seeing that issue.

Update: not surprisingly after checking her phone I’m also not seeing your issue.

Last edited:

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue on my 13 Mini running 15.6 and have done for a while.

I use a Google bookmark for searching, and every time I back out of a viewed page it takes me back to the top of the Google search page, instead of where I was before.

Very frustrating!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods