S7 edge 32gb or 6s Plus 16gb? Same price.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had my S7 edge for the last 2.5 months and there is zero lag on it.

Nice try.

You had a 6s Plus before that, too, didn't you? I notice the occasional stutter and lag on my 6s Plus from time to time. It's a great phone, but it isn't error free, either.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
My 6S+ will stutter especially when going back to the home screen. It will also respring at random times when trying to use Siri or like today, trying to search Google in Safari.

I have had zero problems on either one of my two S7 Edge phones. Both have been flawless. Probably the best phones I have ever owned.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I've had my S7 edge for the last 2.5 months and there is zero lag on it.

Nice try.

It all depends on Android. I watched my Note 4 go from smooth with Android 4.x, to a stuttering POS with 5.01, back to smooth(although not quite to the level of 4.x) with 5.1.1.

I'm sure Apple has the same issues, but the key here is that with the Android updates, you have additional layers to go through before you finally see an update for your phone. Samsung was very slow to add their "layer"(ie. touch wiz, additional boatware) to the updates and get them to the carrier and then once they did, (in my case) Verizon then worked at a glacial pace to add their "layer"(ie.more bloatware). Eventually we would see an update that may or may not work well. If it didn't it would be a while before another one would roll around.

At least with Apple, you are eliminating a couple of those "layers", so updates come faster

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on Android. I watched my Note 4 go from smooth with Android 4.x, to a stuttering POS with 5.01, back to smooth(although not quite to the level of 4.x) with 5.1.1.

I'm sure Apple has the same issues, but the key here is that with the Android updates, you have additional layers to go through before you finally see an update for your phone. Samsung was very slow to add their "layer"(ie. touch wiz, additional boatware) to the updates and get them to the carrier and then once they did, (in my case) Verizon then worked at a glacial pace to add their "layer"(ie.more bloatware). Eventually we would see an update that may or may not work well. If it didn't it would be a while before another one would roll around.

At least with Apple, you are eliminating a couple of those "layers", so updates come faster
Or you buy an iPad Pro and update it to the latest iOS release and it renders the device useless like what happened to lots of people yesterday.

Not Apples brightest moment.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Or you buy an iPad Pro and update it to the latest iOS release and it renders the device useless like what happened to lots of people yesterday.

Not Apples brightest moment.

I just ordered an iPad Pro right before I saw this. I'm definitely worried about updating it once I get it. This is a pretty big deal.

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Just a quick update.
I received my 6s plus and I don't think I will go back to android anytime soon.
The level of smoothness is ahead of any android device I've tried, and I already tried a s7 and a 6p. Small stuff like rotating the screen are smooth.
I put it side by side with a s7 and amoled is definitely not my cup of tea. Also it gets brighter or dimmer than my HTC m8 that was already good for me.
Most of apps are the same but with smoother animations, and some apps are better. The battery is the best I've used, 75% now 11am with heavy use since 7AM, I wish I could see screen on time.
Touch ID is really fast, 3D Touch is useful when I remember using it. The keyboard is good with swiftkey like level of correction is only missing swipe. Speakers are better than I expected compared to a HTC m8.
The phone comes with a very weak 1A charger that charges very slowly. I am still adapting to not need to look at the cable when I am plugging it.
I expected more from the camera, is better than M8 but in some cases is not a huge bump as I was expecting.
The device is huge, m8 feels tiny now, reachability is more useful than I thought.
Loving the phone so far.