roaming drain the battery?

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
does roaming significantly drain the battery on the iPhone 4S like it does on Android phones? customer I roam at home and maybe 2 hours out of the day when I am out

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
does roaming significantly drain the battery on the iPhone 4S like it does on Android phones? customer I roam at home and maybe 2 hours out of the day when I am out

I don't have any concrete proof to back this up but in my experience roaming seems to drain more then when you are on the carriers network. It seems to me that while roaming the phone "works harder" to get a signal and perform task.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The phone will always be looking for a signal while you're roaming, so yes, you will drain the battery faster. I know with my old BlackBerry I'd fall off 3G when I came inside the building. I work in a cave in the middle of the hospital and I was always switching between 3G and 1X. I drained my battery pretty quickly then.

Same thing for roaming. Your phone is always gonna try to not roam and will be using battery juice to find a signal where it won't be.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

It's not the roaming per se that's doing it... it's because phones will try to hang on to a native carrier's signal before it goes to a roaming carrier's network... once the phone "decides" to use your native carrier's roaming partner, it will drain a battery no worse then when on the native carrier service - it's the transition that does it.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You can turn off services while roaming. Settings - General - Network - then set data and voice to off.

no not that I mean like on android there is Automatic and Sprint Only and I have an application the has these options: Automatic, Home Only, and Roam Only.........any apps on the app store that do that? any way to edit roaming options?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It's not the roaming per se that's doing it... it's because phones will try to hang on to a native carrier's signal before it goes to a roaming carrier's network... once the phone "decides" to use your native carrier's roaming partner, it will drain a battery no worse then when on the native carrier service - it's the transition that does it.

but while it is roaming, it will be constantly checking for you carrier network... therefore draining the battery

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73