Ringtones

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
What sort of ring tones do you use - ie default, other canned tones from the list, or completely custom? Do you have different ring tones for specific contacts or does you phone ring the same way for all calls?
Personally I use a custom tone clipped using GarageBand from a song I have in iTunes for all calls. My messages ( iMessage & SMS) use canned notification but not the default, except that messages between my wife & myself have their own dedicated notification- one easily differentiated from the normal 'white noise' of any outdoor and many indoor environments. WhatsApp is selectable ( which I have done) , but FB Messenger is fixed within the App. Mail I use the default as its only for my iCloud mail,my main personal mail at Spark was selectable from a few in app choices.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
We have “default” ring tones and alarm clock tones from favorite songs, and certain contacts have unique tones too.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a set a few years ago which I use for ringtone and text tone. Because they were not in the iTunes Store, and I no longer connect to iTunes with my phone, I created projects of them in GarageBand so I can easily add the tones to my phone when I set up a new one.

I use the default tones for everything else.

I both do and don't have custom tones for contacts. I keep my phone on silent almost all of the time, but have my family set as emergency contacts, so they ring through. If I hear a ringtone or text tone, I know it's from one of them.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been using the same ring tone (old phone) for years. I had a custom one for a while, but it disappeared when I did a major IOS update a while back and defaulted back to the old phone one.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I had that happen once as well ( ring one vanished & defaulted to original) Being naturally maybe 'a bit' determined ( read stubborn) that I set it up again. That was on my 7Plus so at least around 3 years ago and it's held so far.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I only used the preloaded ringtones.
I use default ringtones for general calls and texts.

Two of my contacts have dedicated text tones… you must be a very important person to get that treatment from me.
Plus my employer's automated monitoring systems - perks of working in ICT - have their own dedicated call ringtone ("old phone") and text tone ("telegraph").

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I only used the preloaded ringtones.
I use default ringtones for general calls and texts.

Two of my contacts have dedicated text tones… you must be a very important person to get that treatment from me.
Plus my employer's automated monitoring systems - perks of working in ICT - have their own dedicated call ringtone ("old phone") and text tone ("telegraph").

I guess my wife qualifies!!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I make my own ring tones now. Mr Sandman for my wake up alarm is my favorite

I've had 'The Legendary Sparrow's "Jean & Dinah" calypso as mine since before iPhone. (I had it in Blackberry & I believe Palm Treo) It was one of my late Mums favourite tunes.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I have ringtones I created over the years and added a few new ones. I never use the preloaded ones for texts, notifications, etc.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have quite a few purchased ringtones. For starters, any calls will have the theme song from Fast&Furious “Tokyo Drift” in Japanese, hubby gets “thinking out loud”, mom and dad get a traditional phone ring and my kids get the traditional “opening” tone.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have quite a few purchased ringtones. For starters, any calls will have the theme song from Fast&Furious “Tokyo Drift” in Japanese, hubby gets “thinking out loud”, mom and dad get a traditional phone ring and my kids get the traditional “opening” tone.

So SO glad that when my 8+ was 'cloned' into my new 12, my 'all calls' ringtone survived. It's a sentimental thing and wayyyyy back ( I believe it was a iOS update on my 7+, it vanished. I used a 3rd party program to make it from an song I bought back in iPhone 4s days and is a fiddly thing to do- especially if attempts are many years apart. . Dmo

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So SO glad that when my 8+ was 'cloned' into my new 12, my 'all calls' ringtone survived. It's a sentimental thing and wayyyyy back ( I believe it was a iOS update on my 7+, it vanished. I used a 3rd party program to make it from an song I bought back in iPhone 4s days and is a fiddly thing to do- especially if attempts are many years apart. . Dmo

It is always a relief when tings transfer from one device as they are supposed to!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice