Ringtones

Eick1967

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
When you purchase a ringtone from itunes does it not automatically put them in a ringtones folder ? I have no ringtones folder on the upper left side of itunes nor do I have a ringtones tab on the managment screen. I have two ringtones in itunes and have no clue what to do with them ? Help...

Eick1967

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Edit> Prefrences> Check "Ringtones".

Okay , I now have a ringtones folder in itunes ( thanks very much ) and I have two ringtones that after syncing are on my phone. One is purchased from itunes and the other is an mp3 file that I put in itunes and converted. They both play fine on the phone. What I don't understand is that since these are ringtones , why after syncing do they not show up in settings>sounds>ringtones so that you can use them ? Have I done something incorrectly ? And, since they aren't there how do you get them there ?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Wait...so they play fine, but they don't play as ringtones? I'm confused.

A checklist for you (for each one you want as a ringtone):

1. Must be less than 40 seconds.
2. Must be a .M4R extension.
3. Must be put into "ringtones" in iTunes.
4. Must be synced.

Are all of the above true for each one?

datamanapp

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you do not want the hassle of syncing whenever you want to use a new song as your ringtone, you can try GeoRing. It allows you to use any song as your ringtone with just a few taps on your iPhone. Another cool feature is it can shuffle your ringtones. You can find GeoRing in the App Store.

Reactions: cellphonejedi

Eick1967

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got my ringtones to finally work ! Thanks for all of your help. My file extensions were m4a's instead of m4r's. As soon as I changed them and synced they showed up in the settings so that I can finally use them. And I was considering jailbreaking ?!?!? What a joke ! I think I had better get a few more months of use under my belt before I attempt that :rolleyes:

Eick1967

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
how did you change your m4a's to m4r's?? This is where I am stuck

I am running Windows 7 so here is what I did .... I found my itunes folder on my drive , clicked the organize tab > folder and search options > view and then unchecked the hide file extension box. Then , go back to the file that you want to change , right click , click rename and then simply replace your a with and r. I don't know if this is the "proper" way of doing this - not that there is a proper way but it worked for me.

ShannonDavis

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am running Windows 7 so here is what I did .... I found my itunes folder on my drive , clicked the organize tab > folder and search options > view and then unchecked the hide file extension box. Then , go back to the file that you want to change , right click , click rename and then simply replace your a with and r. I don't know if this is the "proper" way of doing this - not that there is a proper way but it worked for me.

That is the procedure I use with Windows Vista. (I know, I know. No Vista jokes please.)

cellphonejedi

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If you do not want the hassle of syncing whenever you want to use a new song as your ringtone, you can try GeoRing. It allows you to use any song as your ringtone with just a few taps on your iPhone. Another cool feature is it can shuffle your ringtones. You can find GeoRing in the App Store.

This works exactly the way its described. Good find, great call!!

nuckinfutz220

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have used audiko.net in the past. You just go to the site on your computer, search for a song, or make your own clips to share out of any mp3. Once you have found the one you like, just download for iphone, and it automatically puts it in the ringtones folder in itunes. Then just sync when you are done. GeoRing sounds great though....i might try it out!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice