Ringtones (frustrated PC lover)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberdeen1948

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I sometimes think the iPhone is just a trick to get us PC people to migrate to a MAC. :eek:

With the help of "Audacity" (free sound editing program) I have created some short MP3 clips to use as ringtones, but can't save them in any other format in Adudacity.

According to some info I found here you can import files into the iPhone as ringtones if you import them into iTunes as ACC formated files. I can't find any function in iTunes that will allow me to import my MP3 (short versions) as ACC files, or as anything at all other than MP3. :mad:

According to iTunes "any" MP3 can be made into a ringtone, however, as we say here in India "conditions apply" -- you can only use music files bought at the Apple store.

I tried that too, and it didn't work either, but that is another issue.:cool:

In short: How do we PC lovers import our own (short) MP3 music files into the iPhone as ringtones? Is it possible at all???:confused:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Note: Try using almost any other smartphone on a Mac, including Windows Mobile, Palm, BlackBerry, etc. That just *one* works well, even better on a Mac, and it's made by the same company that makes the Mac, shouldn't be the cause for any bitterness :D

Status
Not open for further replies.