• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Ringtone in limbo in iTunes and missing from iPhone after last iOS 6 update

deletethispost

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a ringtone that I purchased that has now disappeared from my iPhone 5 after the last iOS 6 update. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to download it again from iTunes and it will not charge you. As long as you use the same AppleID from when you bought it the first time.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Is that true even if it has $1.29 on the download button in the iTunes store? I'm thinking that this means I will be charged another $1.29 to download it a second time. For all other things I have purchased in iTunes the button says PLAY instead of having the purchase price on it.

Not sure about that for ringtones.

Delete it from iTunes and then drag the file back to it. See if it works then.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You sure are upset over something you could easily get for free (and a few seconds of effort) on Zedge.com.

iTunes is probably the most simple and least confusing device hub that exists...that sucks you have such a hard time with it.

Seriously though, by the time you finished your first post, you could have had the ringtone loaded on your iPhone again and would have never had to get so upset over it, lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman