rings while on a phone call

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am totally new to iphones but is it normal to have your text and email ringers go off while in the middle of a phone call. And if so is there a way to shut that off

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ha, my 4S does that too. i'd have to say its an iOS5 thing, because my hubby has the 4 and that doesnt happen to his (he didn't upgrade to iOS5 yet). On the other hand, my daughter upgraded her iOS to 5 on Saturday and asked me, "is this normal to happen" lol. I was like, yea, it does it on mine too.

i don't know if theres a way to shut it off from that happening though, sorry.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Pretty sure this has been happening since the release of the iPhone, but I've only been here since the 3GS. As far as I know the only way it won't "ring" when you're on the phone is to have it on vibrate.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure this has been happening since the release of the iPhone, but I've only been here since the 3GS. As far as I know the only way it won't "ring" when you're on the phone is to have it on vibrate.

hmmmm...idk. it doesn't happen with my husbands that i know of, OR if it has, he's never said anything about it LOL.

Well, not flickin that switch to vib anytime soon, so i'll deal with it:) its not too often i'm on a call and that happens TG, lol.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I talked to my sister and she has an ip4 not running on ios5 and it does that on hers too. They should really have and option to turn that off!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It happened on the 4 also, it's not an iOS5 thing. And yes, it's annoying as hell

:)ok, then I'd have to go with the latter that my husband just never said anything about it lol.

It is kind of annoying, especially if you have your profile set to vibe also, not only do you get the ringing in your ear, but the vibration as if your ear is gonna come off:p LOL.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Apple needs to change the whole vibrate/sounds to give a LOT more options. Like set the number of vibrates and or rings for EACH situation.

Like text, email (each account), facebook, calls, etc... BB has so many more options - i miss that :)

especially email.. i have 4 accounts on my phone but would like it if only one account made a sound (work)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
:)ok, then I'd have to go with the latter that my husband just never said anything about it lol.

It is kind of annoying, especially if you have your profile set to vibe also, not only do you get the ringing in your ear, but the vibration as if your ear is gonna come off:p LOL.
My husband might complain abouti t more than me, but he only seems to notice when I hand him my phone to talk to someone I am talking to already (his mom or something).

My husband has all his stuff turned off which is equally obnoxious bec then he cannot find the damn phone when he loses it in the house. So I guess he never experiences it. Then again he never uses his phone for phone calls. :rolleyes:

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
get off your high horse

get off your high horse. You do have to be so condescending. you remind me of those under 30 idoits in the Androd forums

Reactions: mikesa_tx

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR