Rhinoshield CrashGuard Review (7 Plus)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Overview
So there’s one very big reason to consider the Rhinoshield CrashGuard, it’s a bumper. Pretty convincing right? Well, that bumper will protect your phone from a minimum of eleven foot drops. And if you add a couple other things to it, it makes it even better and I’ll get to those items too. So what is the CrashGuard? Well, as I said, it’s a bumper. It’s a rubbery polycarbonate bumper and it’s quite comfortable to hold, sort of. The CrashGuard is going to add a little bulk to all the edges of your phone. Not a huge amount mind you, just enough to feel awkward to me. This is problematic as I find the back of the phone to be a little too slick, and it’s exposed. Good thing for that drop protection. However, Rhinoshield also sells a back protector you can install on the back of your phone, made special to go with the CrashGuard. This will add some texture to the back of your phone, just enough to not be really slick. I mentioned a couple items to make this better, the back protector was one, the other is even more impressive. Rhinoshield makes a screen protector, my favorite screen protector personally. This is no ordinary screen protector either, it’s a shock absorbing screen protector and it does it very very well. The screen protector can withstand four thousand pounds of direct pressure, more important though, with the screen protector installed you can beat the crap out of your screen with a hammer and cause no damage to your phone. It’s quite amazing. So if you couple the protectors with the CrashGuard itself, your phone suddenly becomes a tank, and a rather thin one at that. My only real gripe with the CrashGuard is how loose the sides are on the Plus version, it protects just fine, it just might be annoying to some. The Rhinoshield CrashGuard even comes in a multitude of colors, fourteen in fact, so you should be able to find a color you like.

DSC_0150.JPG
DSC_0151.JPG

The Good
  • Slim profile
  • Exceptional drop protection
  • Affordable

The Bad
  • Back of the phone is slick without protector
  • Sides are a little loose on the Plus version
  • Bulkier than you would expect
DSC_0152.JPG
DSC_0153.JPG

Conclusion
If you want the best drop protection you can find in the slimmest profile out there, you can find that in the Rhinoshield CrashGuard. It’s made even better with the addition of their front and back protectors. Even with the protectors added in, the cost is roughly same of your average name brand case. You’d be hard pressed to find a similar drop rating in a similarly slim design. I am more inclined however to recommend the CrashGuard to the non Plus users as the sides are much less loose on the smaller frame.

You can buy the Rhinoshield CrashGuard from Amazon or directly from Rhinoshield

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Just kidding man. Good review; good structure. You get to meat and potatoes. Like it I like my CrashGuard too. Really want to get my hands on a Playproof

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ha ha, this is a case I would do that on. I'm still working on videography. When I'm comfortable with it I can definitely do a drop test video, of all Rhinoshield's offerings.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
A video of this would awesome

Their is some out there; it lives up to its rating I believe.

Most definitely, Rhinoshield has one on their website from Yahoo. They specifically wanted Yahoo to do it, guy actually bent the phone they sent him from the force of him throwing it to the ground. Case and phone were fine otherwise. Mobile-Reviews-Eh.ca gave up after over 40 drops to damage the phone. There's a video of a guy dropping either a 6/6s or 7, the smaller one, from a helicopter at 500 feet with the video on and the phone survived. You don't really get to see it after the 500 foot drop though I think the screen broke.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Most definitely, Rhinoshield has one on their website from Yahoo. They specifically wanted Yahoo to do it, guy actually bent the phone they sent him from the force of him throwing it to the ground. Case and phone were fine otherwise. Mobile-Reviews-Eh.ca gave up after over 40 drops to damage the phone. There's a video of a guy dropping either a 6/6s or 7, the smaller one, from a helicopter at 500 feet with the video on and the phone survived. You don't really get to see it after the 500 foot drop though I think the screen broke.

I love Aaron The Ho

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I love Aaron The Ho

He is my favorite case reviewer. Simply because he does what I cannot afford to do right now, he breaks phones for us so we know how protective they are. Funniest bit in one of his videos was him showing how great Rhinoshield's screen protector is, except he dropped his weight in the wrong spot and hit the corner of the protector and the phone, broke his screen.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
"Everything Apple Pro" channel on Youtube also has the crashguard on a 7 dropped from a 50 foot tower onto the concrete pad at the base and it survived with no issues.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't look like it fits that snuggly in the middle. Is it a bit loose or is it just my eyes?

No, it's a little loose there, it's still fine, it's actually my biggest gripe about the case. I have one of their full body cases on the way and I'll review that and compare the two.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro