Review your iPhone 5 here!

Are you happy with your iPhone 5 purchase?

• Total voters

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I adore my iPhone 5. My only complaint is a surprising one...apple is apparently having serious issues with quality control. Had to return my original iPhone 5 yesterday due to a weird line of dead pixels down the center lengthwise. Then I get home with the replacement and find that it's got a nick in the shiny beveled edge on the bottom! I have another appointment with apple later today to replace my unit forthe second time since Friday. I went online to find a 15page thread on apple of people complaining about scuffed iPhones out of the box! Also saw a YouTube video of an employee saying that 10 of 100 iPhones from the initial batch of iPhones is faulty! He recommended people wait till October
To ensure they get perfect iPhones from the mass production batch. Fml!!! Many people posted in the thread that they went to exchange only to find that they had on open 3 boxes and each phone was worse! Omg! #scuffgate is turning into an apple nightmare! Will they recall he first million or so phones?

soll82

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm so horny over it right now.
This phone has lived up to expectations... AND SURPASSED IT!
Not only is it feather-like. It's sleek. It's slim. It's everything a man desire in his pocket.
What's more! LTE. It's so fast right now that I don't even feel the need to have wifi anymore.
Soon we will stop having internet at home and rely wholly on LTE. Should carriers decide to go for unlimited.
Our phone itself shall be the wifi modem. A moving modem.
The messages looks better now.
My homescreen is so awesome.
Although there's one con. I have to occasionaly slide my phone down my hand to access the top. Clumsy and butterfingers. DO NOT Attempt this! Although You will get better at it over time.

And no way. I'M NOT GONA get a case for this. This phone is PURE SEX. No way am I hiding it.
I'm going to walk around with this phone and ladies will orgasm over it.

Even though there are black bars in apps. I like it. It looks like I'm looking at a movie. and I'm controlling it. yes. It's THAT AWESOME. THANKS RETINA DISPLAY!

hahaha i think you need to calm down a little bit buddy^^

Eric808

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
2 words...LOVE IT! I can't put my iP5 down! I'm constantly going in and out of apps as if they were going out of style! I've been watching movies and looking at photos just to use the slightly bigger screen. To my surprise, the battery is holding up fairly well. I recently put my iP5 down to show my iPhone 4 some love and immediately noticed the weight difference. I've gotten so used to the lightness of the iP5 that I forgot how much heavier the iP4 was. As I turned the screen on, I also noticed just how much 1 more row of icons has altered the screen canvas. Even though the difference is only half an inch it makes a huge difference. I realized that the new screen size is absolutely perfect! It's not too big and not too small, it's perfect! Fits in my pocket with ease and gives me enough screen space to do what I need. Like every phone that comes out, there will be bugs and eventually an update will be issued, but I have no complaints. This device has made me a young kid again, going through every function bringing my curiosity back! Thank you Apple!

Croanthony601

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I went through exactly what you did, except i fixed the problem by pressing on the home button really hard, i meam really hard. I found this out by trying to break the home button becuase i was pissed of from the extra clicking sound, that actually fixed it!

---------- Post Merged at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:39 AM ----------

I went through exactly what you did, except i fixed the problem by pressing on the home button really hard, i meam really hard. I found this out by trying to break the home button becuase i was pissed of from the extra clicking sound, that actually fixed it!

Bartoge

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 is honestly the best thing I've ever owned. I upgraded from a feature phone so it's just amazing. I was skeptical of the two tone design at first, but now I adore it. It's just beautiful. I find myself just staring at the back for minutes and the amazingly shiny beveled edge. It's pristine. What I love more though is the weight. Some of my friends complain its to light, but they are just dumb. I can barely feel it in my pocket and its always amazing how light it is. All other iPhones are just bricks now. The brushed aluminum also feels amazing to touch. The size is also not to long. I can still use it with one hand easily, and really the extra screen is nice.

Pas the design though, the performance just blows me away every time. LTE is fast. Really fast. Super really fast, like wifi fast in my area. Web pages load almost instantly sometimes and it's an amazing upgrade from using my friends iPhones. Apps load fast, much faster than my iPad 3rd generation. Everything is just really quick. Even the camera is fast.

I simply love my new iPhone. It's an amazing product and I have no regrets buying it in any way.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm glad that I got a perfectly working unit on launch day!

About the reception problems I encountered, I learned today that my carrier was having problem with HSPA and that most smartphones would operate on former technology for a while. Which explains that horrible sound when I use the phone.

And about the troubles I was having with my keyboard, I actually found out it was my poor quality screen protector that was messing with my touch response, mainly on the border where the badly cut out shield did not meet the border of the screen, thus creating the problem. Finally got my iShieldz yesterday, and everything is A-OK.

I hope all those who encountered problems will have a quick and happy resolution.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm so horny over it right now.
This phone has lived up to expectations... AND SURPASSED IT!
Not only is it feather-like. It's sleek. It's slim. It's everything a man desire in his pocket.
What's more! LTE. It's so fast right now that I don't even feel the need to have wifi anymore.
Soon we will stop having internet at home and rely wholly on LTE. Should carriers decide to go for unlimited.
Our phone itself shall be the wifi modem. A moving modem.
The messages looks better now.
My homescreen is so awesome.
Although there's one con. I have to occasionaly slide my phone down my hand to access the top. Clumsy and butterfingers. DO NOT Attempt this! Although You will get better at it over time.

And no way. I'M NOT GONA get a case for this. This phone is PURE SEX. No way am I hiding it.
I'm going to walk around with this phone and ladies will orgasm over it.

Even though there are black bars in apps. I like it. It looks like I'm looking at a movie. and I'm controlling it. yes. It's THAT AWESOME. THANKS RETINA DISPLAY!

LOL, this post is hilarious

Daniel Gaming freak

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
With Journey of iOS 6, taller screen of iPhone 5 for developers becomes a more difficult challenge. Although it comes packed with improvements and changes to its basic interface and functions.

Sorboares

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys sorry im new to these forums n unsure where 2 post this so hope some1 might b able 2 help me. Ive had my new iphone 5 for a week now and all i have had is drama n problems after problems. The day i got it the problems began. My battery life is bad, need to charge it twice a day, my wifi drops out all the time, my 3g works great n then drops out too, my keyboard wen typing sometimes it will press the incorrect letter or i have probs trying to open the numbers section on the keyboard, i will have 2 press it several times b4 it opens. My reception was dropping out alot too but the last couple days it hasnt been too bad AND now the newest problem. I will record a video in portrait mode, i then sync my iphone up on2 my pc windows 7, i open my iphone storage n can see the videos n photos i have saved in my camera roll. I drag my video into the correct video file on my pc, i then add my file in my itunes library n sync. Wen sync has finished i open my videos file tab on my iphone n find my video, i open it but my video is stuck sideways (landscape) even tho it was recorded in portrait mode. So i have heads missing n it will not rotate. I have contacted Apple and my mobile phone provider Telstra n they both r giving me the run around. In 7 days i have contacted both companies like 10 times. Telstra tell me its iphone fault, apple says its network fault. Within 3 hours of having this mob i have had hell. Anyone have any info bout the probs im having? Is the wifi thing a prob on these new iphone 5? Will apple fix it? Can anyone help with y my videos r stuck on portrait once i have moved them n synced them? I always did this with my iphone 3gs so not sure y now all the videos i sync which i recorded with my 3gs or my new iphone5 r stuck on landscape mode even tho they r recorded in portrait. I used 2 b able 2 turn my mob around n da video would rotate either landscape or portrait. Plz any help coz the companies r giving me da run around. I even demanded a new phone the second day i had this one but their answer is no. Oh apple did say to reset settings, i did n lost stuff n it fixed nothing :(

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I made some videos reviewing my iPhone 5 experience! Enjoy:

Unboxing: iPhone 5 Unboxing! - YouTube

Siri: Fun With Siri! - YouTube

Review Part 1: iPhone 5 Review Part 1 - YouTube

Review Part 2: My iPhone 5 Review Part 2 - YouTube

Review Part 3: My iPhone 5 Review Part 3 - YouTube

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:31 AM ----------

I made some videos reviewing my iPhone 5 experience! Enjoy:

Unboxing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUum2IkFI_k&list=UUoKhG5h4kqSv-0r1eObfwFw&index=5&feature=plcp

Siri: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgnpT5KRK8&feature=relmfu

Review Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdlaVwuJhxE&list=UUoKhG5h4kqSv-0r1eObfwFw&index=3&feature=plcp

Review Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImsNXtfS3Cs&list=UUoKhG5h4kqSv-0r1eObfwFw&index=2&feature=plcp

Review Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hkpIsmZcf8&list=UUoKhG5h4kqSv-0r1eObfwFw&index=1&feature=plcp

bec55555

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
The reason for the headphone jack being at the bottom is because it is a natural instinct to put your phone head down in your pocket. So with the jack being at the bottom there is no need for fiddling with your phone, just slide it in your pocket !

jbwcfp

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
So far, so good. this is my first iPhone, so i'm still getting used to it. Everything is beyond my expectations, especially the speed and battery life.

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I was quite reticent of the iPhone 5 based on some of the posts regarding this phone. I had ordered 3 times from Verizon and cancelled each time! I called the Verizon Store yesterday to see if the had any on display, and was told that not only did they have them on display, but they actually had both colors in 64 gig, which is what I would be interested in. I went by and found:

Hardware: The hardware was absolutely perfect on both the white and black. Yes it felt lighter than the iPhoneI 4S, yet it felt solid and like a fine watch. A Rolex vs. a Timex! I bought a Black unit!

Setup: I did have some problem getting my new phone to accept my network password. After numerous attempts it was finally accepted and I was on my way. Everything went smoothly after that, and I am very pleased!

My wife and I have both been using the Samsung III S. We have been pleased with the Samsung, they have been good phones, yet far from the elegance and usability of the Apple products. I have buyers for both, so I replaced my wife's much loved 4S and bought an iPhone 5 for myself!

It is good to be back home with Apple!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77