REVIEW: The iPhone 4s (with photo comparisons)>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah.. In a couple of pictures the 4S was a bit overexposed and the white balance was also different from the Canon but it's a great quality camera for what it is..

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
nice review... so far I have had no need to carry a second camera with me the phone does a good enough job at taking photos.

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah.. In a couple of pictures the 4S was a bit overexposed and the white balance was also different from the Canon but it's a great quality camera for what it is..

The white balance seems to be a bit warmer on the 4S and it favors under exposure.

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, I meant under exposure, I almost always set exposure to - 1/3 - 2/3 in landscapes anyway so this works for me.

I tend to agree - the photos the 4S produces, even when noticeably under exposed are easily corrected in editing software. A half to a full stop one way or the other I can work with.

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
That 4s camera is freakin awesome! I cant tell a difference between the photos to the point I would care

Amazing isn't it? I think the camera on the iPhone has progressed to the point that it will be the only imaging device many users will require.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually just took a photo with my 4S and my wife's 4. They look so different.

d9f0484a.jpg
taken with 4S

27f6dce5.jpg
taken with the 4

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.794818,-73.917812

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Amazing isn't it? I think the camera on the iPhone has progressed to the point that it will be the only imaging device many users will require.

+1, I haven't carried a camera around since I got the iPhone 4. The pictures on my 4S are even better so there still won't be a need for a camera.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That f 2 lens makes a huge difference in low light!

It realy does make a big different. But I will say, sometimes when I take a picture when it's really dark, it looks really washed out. Right now it doesn't really bother me, but it may in the future.

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
It realy does make a big different. But I will say, sometimes when I take a picture when it's really dark, it looks really washed out. Right now it doesn't really bother me, but it may in the future.

Is it something that can be enhanced/corrected via editing software like Photoshop? I haven't really tried any low light shots yet.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it something that can be enhanced/corrected via editing software like Photoshop? I haven't really tried any low light shots yet.

I'm sure it could be, but I really don't want to have to edit the picture. My wife will be getting a 4S in a few weeks. I will compare what the 2 cameras look like, and if mine is all washed out, and hers isn't, I'll have apple swap mine out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73