[REVIEW] Nomad Rugged Case for iPhone 11 Pro

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/8o-R5sKaU5s

The world is a batter place with leather… at least that’s what I’ve always been told. It’s what separates us from the rest of the animals on the planet. Well, not really. I made all of that up. However, I think it’s pretty much unarguable that leather is a fine good that spruces things up, looks classy, elegant, rugged, and is a great addition to many products. Well, Nomad seems to have a similar philosophy and makes some of the best leather goods around when it comes to Apple phones and accessories, and I’m here today with another review of the Rugged Case, but this time it’s for the iPhone 11 Pro.

20191105_211949.jpg

Presentation: The Nomad Rugged Case has a vey unique look to it and is distinct from many other leather cases that I’ve seen – even the official Apple leather. It has a rugged and crafty finish to it that feels crisp to the touch, and then develops a rich patina over time. The patina development is one of the main selling points with their cases, which showcase leather from the Horween Leather Company. If you haven’t heard of them before, Horween Leather is one of the oldest tanneries in the United States and has been around since 1905 – this means they know what they’re doing. For the Rugged Case, Nomad uses a vegetable tanned leather that really shines nicely as it becomes worn in. I’ve had many different Rugged Cases, and other Nomad products that I’ve been carrying around for over a year and hold up well and look fantastic.

20191105_211954.jpg
20191105_212012.jpg

Built to Last: The Nomad Rugged case is built on a polycarbonate shell with TPE rubberized bumpers, which offers 6ft of drop protection. In addition to that, the case has precise cut outs, so you have easy access to the mute switch, speakers, and charging port. The finish and materials are exquisite and exude quality, which is something you probably appreciate if you’re in the market for a leather case for your iPhone. The case isn’t just available for the iPhone 11 Pro; they also make it for the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Max. The buttons are nice and responsive and have solid tactile feedback. One nice upgrade this year is a slide indentation where the power button is, so that it’s easier to find the button as your slide your finger along the side of the case. In addition to that, the power button is lightly textured, which goes even further to help it stand out from the bumper material. The camera cutout is well designed, keeping the cameras recessed and free from scratches whenever you place it down on a flat surface, and also helps to protect it from other damage. Lastly, the case has a raised protective lip all the way around the screen so that it can keep your screen as scratch free as possible, whether you have a screen protector on it or not. It’s not foolproof, but as long as you’re careful with how you set your phone down it works well.

20191105_212021.jpg
20191105_212038.jpg

Last Words: The Nomad Rugged Case is a solid accessory that really compliments the iPhone. It looks sharp, professional and makes for a great conversation piece. It comes in two different colors: Black, and Brown, which helps you pair it with your individual style and taste. It’s not the cheapest case in the world, but I think it’s well worth the $49.95 price tag. And another kicker is if you have other Nomad products, because it all matches and looks sharp together.

20191105_212117.jpg
20191105_212158.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up one of Nomad’s Rugged Cases for your iPhone 11 Pro, you can find them on Nomad’s website for $49.95 - https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ions%2Fcases-for-iphone-11-pro&token=G70qD038 - As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them down in the comments section.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As always, your reviews are professional and worth the read, sir. Thank you!

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have tried the Rugged and the Active, on both the buttons were way too stiff, not acceptable for a $75AUD case here. Returned them.

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Hrmmm. I haven't had that problem with the iPhone cases. With the Pixel case it took some warming up but I've been happy with the buttons on this one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR