[REVIEW] Mujjo Leather Wallet Case for iPhone XS Max

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
DISCLAIMER:The images used in this review are courtesy of Mujjo.

Return of a King
I reviewed the Mujjo leather wallet case for the iPhone X last year, and this year I have the wallet case for the XS Max and there have been some changes. The leather Mujjo uses is full-grained vegetable-tanned leather and the interior of the case is lined with Japanese microfiber. The edges of the case are raised one millimeter above the screen to protect from abrasive surfaces and particles. The camera cutout is precise and tapered inward to prevent any interference. The mute switch cutout is also tapered inward and while it is a small cutout, the tapering really helps with usability and you should have no problems accessing the mute switch. The bottom of the case is left wide open like Apple does with their own cases and while this leaves the bottom edge exposed, it also allows full usability and function for anything using the lightning port. The buttons are also covered in leather, which for me, is not something I usually keen on. However, Mujjo tests for responsiveness in the buttons and they are some of the most tactile buttons you will find in any phone case. As for the pocket on the back of the case, the stitching is impeccable and looks fantastic. This is also where you will find the Mujjo branding that is also unobtrusive.

JBuc5Q

Mujjo claims you can fit two to three cards in the slot, however, I wouldn't recommend any more than two cards. I mentioned changes, didn't I? Well, the first one is the card pocket, on the iPhone XS Max model it is now sideways with a slanted opening making it easier to access your cards. The other notable change is the leather. This year the leather is softer than ever and is very comfortable. You could almost believe it wasn't leather. Just like with any fine leather product, the leather will patina with age and use and I can't wait for my case to show it's character. While the Mujjo leather wallet case won't completely replace your wallet, for short trips it's fantastic. It's also fantastic for someone who travels a lot. Going through the airport you need your ID and probably one card available. You can easily put those in the Mujjo wallet case and leave your main wallet in a secure place. Or maybe you have a card for building access, you can just leave that in your case and use it to open doors with ease. There are a number of ways you can utilize the card pocket to streamline your daily routines. You'll just need to play around with different applications and see what works best for you.

rzs9nw

Usability
I've already covered so much about this case, but it can't be stated enough how amazing it feels. The softer leather makes it easily one of the most comfortable cases I've ever used...and I've used a lot of cases. With so many different use cases for the card pocket, it's hard to say what's really great about it. Other than it has so many uses of course. Because the Mujjo leather case is so light it really doesn't feel like you have a case on your phone. You won't even worry about the standard drop protection because it feels so good and it doesn't feel like you're going to drop your phone at all. I've said the leather covered buttons are tactile, while that's true, they're still not as tactile as not having a case on, but still they are very pleasing to use. If you know someone with a Mujjo case you need to try it and feel just how comfortable it is, you'll never look back.

8fXN4H

The Good
  • Full-grain vegetable-tanned leather
  • Japanese microfiber interior
  • Really soft and comfortable

The Bad
  • Bottom edge is wide open
  • Only fits 2-3 cards
  • Standard drop protection

mSqRZY

GL4aqp

Conclusion
Bottom line is the Mujjo leather wallet case is, and always has been, one of my favorite leather cases. This year they made it even better. Mujjo offers a non-wallet version of their leather case as well and I would love to have one of those as well. With the level of comfortability the Mujjo case offers, if you're looking for a minimal wallet case then look no further. It is very hard to beat Mujjo on this front. There are many people that like the Apple leather case, I say spend that money better and get a Mujjo. It is a superior leather case. Check them out on Mujjo's site here.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Great review!!! I love the look of this case♥️ I’m contemplating getting one for my XS. I can keep my metro card in it & take my X out of the Apple Folio for a while.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Quick update everyone, Mujjo has a 25% off discount for Black Friday. It’s site-wide, so please check them out. Mujjo makes great products all around. Coupon: #25off (valid from November 22nd through 26th).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh