[REVIEW] Griffin Survivor Strong for the iPhone XS Max

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/e5O3KC3CmlM

Griffin has been around the block a time or two, and they make a wide variety of cases for pretty much any major phone. I have had the pleasure of reviewing quite a few of their cases, and I am happy to say that the experience with the new Griffin Survivor Strong case for the iPhone XS Max, is much of the same; enjoyable. It’s solid and built from the ground up for protection.

20181009_202357.jpg
20181009_202404.jpg
20181009_202425.jpg

The Look: The Griffin Survivor Strong case is a protective style case that comes in two different colors: Clear, and Black (the Black color is solid, and you can’t see through it). As you can tell from the pictures, I got the Clear “color” case, and I think it looks great. This may look like an ordinary clear TPU case, but I assure you it’s not. Even though it looks simple, it’s actually quite complex and it provides a fantastic 7ft of drop protection. The case is made of two pieces that are seamlessly integrated, offering maximum protection and comfort. The overall look is very unassuming, and even looks a bit bubbly from the back. Bubbly may not be quite right… it almost looks encapsulated, much like a holographic case for a collector’s item – it’s really kind of cool. The sides look baffled and have a really cool look to them as well. Another nice thing about the case is that it doesn’t seem to pick up scratches easy, which goes a long way in my book. I get tired of clear case after clear case picking up a bunch of micro-abrasions. I’m happy to report that after almost a week of use, the Survivor Strong is holding strong, and still looks great.

20181009_202519.jpg
20181009_202530.jpg
20181009_202535.jpg

The Feel: The Survivor Strong case has a solid grip and feels good in hand. Even though it’s a little bulkier than I generally care for, I have actually enjoyed carrying my phone around in it. I haven’t worried once about the safety of my phone, and it isn’t overly intrusive on the form factor. Sure, it modifies the form factor a little it, but as far as protective cases go it’s pretty minimal. If you have read any of my reviews in the past, then you’ve probably heard me talk about minimalism and form factor a lot. I do this because it’s important to me. Each phone has their own individual design and profile, and the more we throw on top of them, the more we lost that elegance and design. However, with minimalistic style cases you typically give up some safety and security to preserve the form factor. I don’t mind compromising on the form factor and adding a little extra padding if it’s done well, and in this case, I feel like Griffin does a great job. The case has just enough padding in all the right places! The only setbacks are that the buttons are a little harder to press than most, and the cutout on the bottom is pretty deep, which means it’s going to be hard to plug any kind of oversized cable or adapter into the phone.

20181009_202637.jpg
20181009_202704.jpg

Security: Security is where the Survivor Strong case really shines. Not only is it unobtrusive, but it also packs a whopping 7ft of drop protection. The case is really a two-piece construction, which ends up being a unibody case. There is a shatterproof polycarbonate inner core, and the outer shell is a rubberized TPU material that adds extra padding for shock absorption, and a handy grip. I can’t say enough about the balance between security, aesthetics, and overall design. This is definitely the best Griffin case that I’ve ever reviewed.

20181009_202709.jpg
20181009_202744.jpg

Conclusion: Griffin has done a great job with this case. The Survivor Strong definitely lives up to the heritage established by previous iterations, and it looks great. The Clear version offers a wonderful blend of protection and aesthetics. Not only can you carry your phone around without fear, but you can still see your beautiful iPhone as it rests underneath the protective layers of goodness. It’s well built, well priced ($29.99), and well suited for pretty much anything that life can throw your way.

If you’re interested in picking up one of Griffin’s Survivor Series cases, you can find them over at their website for $29.99 - https://griffintechnology.com/devic...-max/griffin-survivor-strong-for-iphonexs-max - Again, it comes in two colors: Clear, and Black. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the comments section.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative