[REVIEW] dBrand Skin for iPhone X

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It's A Skin
As the header says, the dBrand skin is a skin. I'm not a huge fan of cases in general, but I like to protect my devices and that means cases. However, a skin can offer a bit of personalization and some minor drop protection, though it really does better against scratches. With a skin applied your device you get some better grip as opposed to a completely unprotected device. dBrand even offers front and camera skins for your devices, however, I opted just for the back because I don't like skins on the front of my devices. You don't just get one back skin with dBrand either. You get a back only skin and a back and sides skin. The back and sides are a little harder to install with getting the sides and corners to line up properly. I had the back and sides installed but I was worried about how it would interact with some of my cases so I did end up switching to the back only a couple days later. dBrand has some great step by step instruction videos for installing the skins but it still takes time and patience to install properly. The corners on my first attempt were a little off, and my back only skin doesn't quite reach the entire bottom of the back of my phone. That doesn't bother me too much though since the bumper case I'm using covers it up. I decided to go the skin route so I could add a little flavor to my phone and still have a decently protective bumper for accidental drops. That's really what a skin offers you, other than the slightly better grip. What more could you expect or want out of a skin though? I've tried a few different skins over the years and I find that dBrand makes some of the best. The texture of their skins adds a nice feel to your device and if you take the time to line everything up properly...it looks like it came that way from the factory. dBrand really makes some beautiful skins.

NOTE: This color is closer to a forest green, it's hard to get a good picture of the color as it reflects the light weirdly. This also affected my focus a little.
DrKvBZ

The Good
Two back skins with your back skin order
Multiple color options
Camera and front skin options

The Bad
Not very protective
A little pricey for essentially a sticker
Takes time and patience for a clean install

Conclusion
This review was already brief, so this will be brief as well. Skins offer a little texture and good level of personalization. Using just a back only skin will allow you to still use cases, or like me, a bumper to add to that level of personalization. So give dBrand a look here.

Last edited:

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Same here. I've used dbrand back only skins for almost all phones that I've been using in the last few years (mainly to give them more grip - as they all tend to become more and more slippery - I accuse these phone manufacturers of doing that on purpose. Broken phones mean more new product sales, or at least, more service business). My preferred is black leather, which gives the phone a classy look. Maybe, if I'm getting more brave one day, I'll give it a try and order a red or green one.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I used a dbrand skin on my iPhone X a few months ago and felt silly that I paid $11 for a sticker. I'd rather pay just a couple of dollars more to get a decent case on Amazon.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Pic isn't showing up on my MBP for some reason.

I've used skins from clearcoat, slickwraps, and skinomi, but never tried dbrand. I wish dbrand made a clear skin as I mostly use them for grip instead of to change the look.

You're right though, the skins that round around the sides and corners are a pain to align correctly.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Pic isn't showing up on my MBP for some reason.

I've used skins from clearcoat, slickwraps, and skinomi, but never tried dbrand. I wish dbrand made a clear skin as I mostly use them for grip instead of to change the look.

You're right though, the skins that round around the sides and corners are a pain to align correctly.

Desktop isn’t showing? Let me check that, it was showing on my desktop but not on mobile.

EDIT: Still showing up on Safari on my MBP.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Desktop isn’t showing? Let me check that, it was showing on my desktop but not on mobile.

EDIT: Still showing up on Safari on my MBP.

FWIW, not showing up on Safari on my MBA. (Just a large area of whitespace with a gray circle with a dash through it. I re-loaded without content blockers; same thing.)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m thinking it’s a MoNa issue. It shows up for me on Safari. Both mobile and desktop.

What does "MoNa" mean?

I just looked at the image link: I think it's because you are sharing something from googleusercontent.com but it isn't set for public read access. Is this on Google Drive or Google Photos or something?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
What does "MoNa" mean?

I just looked at the image link: I think it's because you are sharing something from googleusercontent.com but it isn't set for public read access. Is this on Google Drive or Google Photos or something?

It’s set for public, I can check again. Yes it’s from Google Photos, I use goo.gl to shorten links and I always select public. MoNa is Mobile Nations.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
With the cost of a phone today I would not go without a case especially the cost of the X. A case also gives me a better grip to hold the X.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Nice review and nice skin. I have used them in the past, but I am too indecisive with my phones so it only lasted a week or so before I took it off. I prefer the skin cases so my phone is the same form factor as the naked phone, but I can swap colors as often as I want. I have issues.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Nice review and nice skin. I have used them in the past, but I am too indecisive with my phones so it only lasted a week or so before I took it off. I prefer the skin cases so my phone is the same form factor as the naked phone, but I can swap colors as often as I want. I have issues.

Do you use Peel?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen