[REVIEW] BlitzWolf Wireless Earphones (BW-FYE1)

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Truly wireless earphones are finally here… well, at least they’ve finally hit the mainstream. For years, it seems like audio accessory manufacturers have been trying to get further and further away from cords, which is great. However, the sophistication in technology required to create this product has been a moving target, which was largely pricey and limited to high-dollar manufacturers. Well, I say that they have finally arrived because the technology has been whittled down and refined enough that even budget-oriented companies have been able to make completely wireless earphones, meaning they are much more affordable and it’s easier for people to get a pair, which brings me to this product review: BlitzWolf’s Wireless Earbuds (BW-FYE1)

***Update - Here is a 32% off discount code from BlitzWolf: 32SYMS7R. Not sure how long it's good for, but just got it today 12/26/2018 ***

1.jpg

Presentation: BlitzWolf may not be the biggest fish in the pond, but they have a lot of fish; meaning that they make a variety of different products. I’m happy to say that with this product, the presentation is top-notch, and I was very happy with the product when I opened it. The earphones come in a little clamshell style box, which serves as a carrying case, and a charger. All you have to do is place the earphones into their respective slots and voila, you’re charging (as long as the case is plugged in). The carrying case has a black, glossy color, and looks very professional – it seems to be made well, too. The earphones look classy and sophisticated, sharing the same glossy finish. They are well marked for each respective ear, and the fin stabilizers really help them stay in place. Another nice feature is that the carrying case/charging box also has a built in 700mAh battery, so you can charge your earphones on the go!

2.jpg
3.jpg

Comfort: Yes, comfort gets its own section. When it comes to earphones – wireless or not – comfortability is one of the most important features I look for. When I first looked at these earphones, my first thought was “how are these going to stay in my ears?” Well, after taking them out of the box and trying them out, I can say that a) they fit well, b) they’re comfortable, and c) they feel stable. I have traditionally had a hard time getting earphones to fit well, and not fall out. I didn’t really have that problem with these. The included ear tips fit perfectly fine – I have smaller ears, so this may be a concern for other users – and the little fin stabilizers help to keep the earphones in place. I was able to walk around wear them will no issues.

4.jpg

Sound Quality: I think sound quality is the lowest performing metric when it comes to these earphones. I really like the way they look and feel, and the concept is great. However, when you fire them up, they don’t really get very “fired up”. The volume and sound quality was average, at best. To get the best sound quality out of them, using a mixer/equalizer of some sort is a must. The stock sound is very flat and none of the three sound areas: bass, mids, highs, really come through well. Even with adjusting the equalizer, the bass is still very low, and the vocals feel a bit forced, and narrow sometimes. However, I think this is the important part where I mention, “you get what you pay for.” Many companies that provide high quality wireless earphones also charge very high prices! That isn’t the case with BlitzWolf. These earphones cost $49.99 on Amazon, which isn’t incredibly cheap, but it is very reasonable for completely wireless earphones. The sound experience is about on par with a normal $20-25 headset, which seems about right when you factor the additional price into the equation for making them wireless – which means batteries, Bluetooth, etc… So, I think they are fairly priced for the quality… I’m just not crazy about the sound experience for my own personal use. I want something with fuller sound, more bass, and definitely more volume. But, if you’re in the mood to sacrifice a more refined sound experience for the “cool factor” and a completely wireless experience, I think these may be a viable option for a lot of people. On a slightly more redemptive note, the earphones also have a built-in microphone, so you can answer calls on-the-go, which is nice.

5.jpg

Specs:
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 33ft Wireless Range
- 3hrs of playtime per earbud
- 12hrs charging time built into the charging box (700mAh battery)
- Built-in Microphone for phone calls
- Fully charged in 1 1/2 hrs
- 77hr Standby Time/3hrs of call time
- Comes with (3) sets of ear tips, for your individual comfort
- MicroUSB charging cable included

Conclusion: If you want to have a set of completely wireless earphones that you can charge on the go, look cool, and have average quality sound, then these may be for you. They definitely don’t hold up to $50 wired earphones, or more expensive wireless earphones, but they aren’t bad for introductory level wireless earphones. The sound quality could definitely be better, and the volume is lacking, but adjusting the equalizer settings will help make the sound experience a little better. These are definitely for budget conscious purchasers who are looking to get their foot in the door when it comes to truly wireless earphones. The presentation, design and portability are fantastic! However, that doesn’t translate over into an excellent quality sound experience. Sure, they sound ok, and I think looking at the capabilities of the earphones and what they offer helps make them worth the dollar figure. I just don’t think it quite competes with the more expensive name-brand competitors that you may be more familiar with. These will satisfy the wireless itch you may have, but if you’re really interested in audio quality, you will likely find the experience underwhelming.

6.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up a pair of BlitzWolf’s Wireless Earphones, you can find them on Amazon for $49.99 - https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bli...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3115445 - They also qualify for Amazon Prime 2-day shipping. As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them down in the comments section.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73