[REVIEW] Aukey 35W Wireless Speaker

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/WeUSEw4g2-c

It wasn’t until recently that I discovered the Aukey brand, but once I did I quickly came to realize the broad range of products that they make. They make speakers, earphones, keyboards, dash cams, power cables, etc… They pretty much make everything, and they may even make kitchen sinks. Since they have such a wide assortment of products, I was happy to have the opportunity to review several of their products. In fact, after I reviewed the initial few I was so impressed with their products and the value that I asked to review another product: the 35W Wireless Speaker. Well, I can definitely say that I wasn’t disappointed. The speaker has power, volume, a dedicated woofer to help kick the bass up a notch, and Bluetooth connectivity that keeps you listening to your tunes up to 33ft away.

1.jpg

Sound Quality: The sound quality on the Aukey 35W Wireless Speaker is pretty good, overall. The lows are represented well and have plenty of power and depth. Vocals are adequate, even without messing with the equalizer. I wish they were a little more distinct, but the clarity and volume are consistent. The vocals are clear and balanced well with the rest of the sound as you move up and down the power scale, but not as bright as some other comparable speakers that I have tested out, especially into the higher volume range - they get overcrowded by the bass. Straight out of the box the mids are clear and carry well, which is a great quality. Some speakers/earphones try to pack in as much bass as they can and then worry about the rest later, but all it ends up doing is diminishing the rest of the sound experience. With the 35W speaker, the power is balanced between three different speakers. Two speakers are dedicated to mids/highs, and they really produce some serious sound with the 10W of power behind them. The third speaker is a dedicated 15W subwoofer, which is a real workhorse. Typically, speakers will have two speakers, and they share the load across the entire sound spectrum. Isolating bass and mid/highs into different speakers is the best way to provide clear, high quality sound; which is exactly what the 35W speaker does. One of the best things that this speaker produces is piano sounds, which I am a huge fan of. The keys sound bright, but also have a bit of an airy sound to them that makes it feel natural. Of course, this attribute carries over to other types of music as well. In fact, the speaker cranks out so much power that you can hold your hand in front of the speaker and feel it. The source of this power is the built-in MaxxBass technology, which utilizes an integrated digital signal processor, enabling it to produce more power and enhanced power efficiency.

2.jpg
3.jpg

Functionality: As you can see from the picture, this speaker has plenty of buttons to play with. There is a dedicated power button, volume up/volume down buttons, a play/pause/answer call button, and skip track forward/backward buttons. The last button on the list is the “mode” button, which is special. The mode button allows you to switch back and forth between devices if you have a sound source connected through the 3.5mm headphone jack and Bluetooth at the same time, which took me forever to figure out. The manual was not helpful… at all, in this regard. But, I figured it out, thank goodness. Most of the speaker is metal and it feels solid, but the top of the speaker is made from plastic molding and the buttons are also plastic, which is almost reminiscent of older times. It’s very clear that Aukey went for a much more classic and professional look with the speaker, versus the more recent trend of rubberized and sporty. Most speakers now days have some sort of rubberized button covering and incorporate some form of water resistance – this speaker is not water resistant. However, the speaker looks classy and elegant, which is also different from many speakers now ‘days. It would look fantastic sitting on your coffee table at home, or on your desk at work. Another bonus feature of the speaker is the combination of two (2) 4,000mAh batteries, which work together to power the speaker, as well as allowing you to charge your USB device. The speaker has a USB port on the back that you can plug in your phone or other USB device in the event you need to charge it, or just top it off before you hit the road. Unfortunately, the output is not QuickCharge capable and only charges at 5V/1A – which isn’t bad, but also isn’t great. It’s certainly better than a speaker with no built-in charging feature! As I eluded to above with the “answer call button”, the speaker does have a built-in microphone which allows you to answer calls and have a delightful speaker phone conversation that the whole world around you can hear, lol. The speaker volume is loud and clear for phone calls and works well. Last but not least, the battery life on this speaker is great. As I mentioned, there is a total of 8,000mAh of batteries in this speaker, which is phenomenal – although it takes 8hrs to fully charge... The rated playback time at 50% volume level is 18hrs, which is pretty much forever. Of course, it is important to temper your expectations here because this will vary quite a bit based on volume, and type of music, and Bluetooth playback vs. line input with the 3.5mm headphone jack. Still, it’s not shabby at all.

4.jpg
5.jpg

Additional Features and Specs:
- Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity, which gives you a listening range of 33ft
- (2) 10W main drivers and (1) 15W dedicated woofer
- Fully charged in 8hrs
- 18hrs of battery life at 50% volume
- 3.5mm headphone jack connectivity
- The ability to charge your device VIA the USB port on the back
- MaxxBass Technology for improved bass and power
- The speaker comes with a charging cable, as well as a 3.5mm cable

Conclusion: The Aukey 35W Wireless Speaker does lots of things well and has an excellent price point. Weighing in at $79.99 on Amazon, the speaker really offers a lot for the sound production, battery life and additional capabilities. The connectivity isn’t as great as some of the 2018 speakers with the increased range of 66ft, but 33ft is still plenty fine for most applications. The 8-hour charge time is also a bit long for today’s standards, but is forgivable because of the extended playtime. The overall quality of the speaker is good, and it really has a lot of power, especially in the bass department. The speaker does have plastic molding on top with plastic keys which help make it feel a little less premium, and almost retro, but they work well and are plenty reliable. Overall, I think it’s a great speaker and I enjoyed testing it out and listening to my music on it for several evenings while I worked and drafted up my review.

If you’re interested in picking up one of the Aukey 35W Wireless Speakers, you can pick one up on Amazon for the everyday price of $79.99: https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Blueto...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3078266 - As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them down in the comments section.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW