Returning/selling my Gold 5S for a 5C. Anyone else?

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
After a week with the 5S I got really annoyed with the loud clicking coming from the home button and dealing with the loose lock button(I was told by the "geniuses" that these were normal and within spec). I decided I would try the 5C. I am a sucker for yellow phones. I must say that the build quality(or quality control) is surprising much better on the plastic/polycarbonate phone. While I will miss the new processors and touch Id I will say I am happy with my decision. Anyone else leaning this way or am I a loner on this?

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
You're definitely going to be in short company on this decision, but to each their own!

More than likely, but I'm so OCD about those little things that they were a deal breaker for me. If you haven't held a 5C I recommend checking one out. Feels very solid and premium. A very well built product.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I liked the feel of the 5C as well. Really reminds me or a Nokia 920 in feel. However, I don't think I would want to downgrade, I am loving the 5S. Even with the loud home button it is a fantastic device.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The 5c is pretty cool. I checked one out the other day. Does the home button on the 5c make less noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The 5c is pretty cool. I checked one out the other day. Does the home button on the 5c make less noise?

Yes. Much quieter. The 5S has a very loud audible click, whereas the 5C is the same sound and feeling as the 5 and all pervious generations.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would never return my new 5S for a 5C. That would be a step down for me considering I had the 5 for a year.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Much quieter. The 5S has a very loud audible click, whereas the 5C is the same sound and feeling as the 5 and all pervious generations.

Congrats on finding a solution that also makes you excited about your new phone. Nothing worse than always noticing the thing you hate about the phone you (want to) love- like a dripping faucet that just. Won't. Stop.

Guess I got lucky- my 5 and 5s sound the same- if anything, 5 is louder. Yellow 5c does look like the coolest of the colors- enjoy!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
After a week with the 5S I got really annoyed with the loud clicking coming from the home button and dealing with the loose lock button(I was told by the "geniuses" that these were normal and within spec). I decided I would try the 5C. I am a sucker for yellow phones. I must say that the build quality(or quality control) is surprising much better on the plastic/polycarbonate phone. While I will miss the new processors and touch Id I will say I am happy with my decision. Anyone else leaning this way or am I a loner on this?

When I first read this , my mouth dropped. I respect your opinion. But I doubt anyone on this forum will agree. I don't see why anyone would want a phone with less specs, built quality and less features.
But I guess each to their own mate. As long as your happy it doesn't matter what I say

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I already had a 5 for a whole year, I'd never downgrade myself but to each its own. The home button sound doesn't make that big of a deal for me. LOL I don't even notice it.

But instead of keeping your iPhone 5 (I'm assuming you had one), you're going with the 5C because you want a certain color? Don't get me wrong, the build quality of the 5C is amazing, but eh..

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You should totally sell the gold one, though- could make enough to buy your 5c... AND a new iPad when those come out!

Wait, who has gold!? I'll buy the dang thing! I'm tired of waiting on T-Mobile.

I'm joking about the "who" part, but if you want to sell it, I'm your girl!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
When I first read this , my mouth dropped. I respect your opinion. But I doubt anyone on this forum will agree. I don't see why anyone would want a phone with less specs, built quality and less features.
But I guess each to their own mate. As long as your happy it doesn't matter what I say

The OP just hates the new home button THAT much.

In that context, the 5c is clearly the way to go because the next polycarb model will likely have the new home button and TouchID, and the 5c has more bands and a better battery than the 5.

But yes, very few will agree.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

That's what's up. As long as you are happy with your choice that's all that matters.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The OP just hates the new home button THAT much.

In that context, the 5c is clearly the way to go because the next polycarb model will likely have the new home button and TouchID, and the 5c has more bands and a better battery than the 5.

But yes, very few will agree.

Yeah I know he hates the home button that much, but come on , would you really wana change a Ferrari for a BMW just because you don't like the type of rims you got on your car? Lol.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know he hates the home button that much, but come on , would you really wana change a Ferrari for a BMW just because you don't like the type of rims you got on your car? Lol.

It's more like hating the steering wheel column that much.

Have to deal with the home button all the time.

(Whereas I actually LIKE the clicky home button...)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
How loud is the clicking? I don't have my 5S yet, so just trying to get an understanding.

Is the sound any louder than when your finger(s) are tapping or typing on an iPad screen or keyboard with the mute button enabled?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How loud is the clicking? I don't have my 5S yet, so just trying to get an understanding.
I believe some home button clicks are louder than others from what I have read. There is only a very slight click on my 5S which I can't hear at all in a room where others are all talking.

Is the sound any louder than when your finger(s) are tapping or typing on an iPad screen or keyboard with the mute button enabled?
I don't hear anything when my mute button is enabled, so I would say, yes, it is probably louder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh