Returning my iPhone for the initial colour I really want

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have been thinking about returning my white silver iPhone 5S to apple that I bought outright. I wanted the gold 64 gig iPhone 5S but when I got in line at 6:30 they told me they had sold out
I would rather give this phone back to apple and wait a month to receive what I truly want.
It's gonna be a drag living without my iPhone. For a while. I called up apple and they have no idea when they will be receiving there iPhones at the store.
I'm thinking, if I return my phone tomorrow, will I be guaranteed a phone the day they receive stock? Will they call me to come and pick it up or do I have to just go there. ??
I've never had to deal with this because I always order online( preorder) but they were non for the 5S.
Anyone in my boat??
I bet the people that compromised may be feeling the same way I do, but living without an iPhone for so long will be a challenge.

I hear you. I want a gold iphone despite the fact that it will be covered by a case -- I want to know that when I spend as much money as I'm spending, that i'm getting my #1 choice. My order says that it won't ship until October, and doesn't specify a date. It is driving me crazy, but I know it will be worth the wait in the end. Do what will make you happy. If you think you will regret not getting the one you want in the long-run, then return the one you have. :)

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This whole thread has gotten slightly out of hand in some respects. However, I would contend that using an iphone with a black face vs one with a white face is a whole different experience. I'm not saying one is better but it is definitely different.

As far as gold vs silver, I don't really care. I do know that 95% of people only want gold because it is rare and new.

That's my point exactly. I jut called apple and they said they will refund me the money in full. But they. Won't tell me when they have stock at all. So I'll have to keep calling everyday to see wether they have stock 😒.
What a drag!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I hear you. I want a gold iphone despite the fact that it will be covered by a case -- I want to know that when I spend as much money as I'm spending, that i'm getting my #1 choice. My order says that it won't ship until October, and doesn't specify a date. It is driving me crazy, but I know it will be worth the wait in the end. Do what will make you happy. If you think you will regret not getting the one you want in the long-run, then return the one you have. :)

Thanks man. I think my best option is buying this phone online. And waiting a whole month or so for the gold to arrive. The apple store has frequent shipments and they don't tell costumers. It's first come first serve basis. This is making me think.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks man. I think my best option is buying this phone online. And waiting a whole month or so for the gold to arrive. The apple store has frequent shipments and they don't tell costumers. It's first come first serve basis. This is making me think.

You can cancel your order while it's being processed (as mine still is and will be until some unknown date in October) ... so if you walk into an apple store in a week and buy a new iphone, you can then go home and cancel the online order. That way, you get it whichever way is fastest.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You can cancel your order while it's being processed (as mine still is and will be until some unknown date in October) ... so if you walk into an apple store in a week and buy a new iphone, you can then go home and cancel the online order. That way, you get it whichever way is fastest.

I haven't ordered online yet. Still in the process of thinking about actually returning it. It's such a hard decision.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
That's my point exactly. I jut called apple and they said they will refund me the money in full. But they. Won't tell me when they have stock at all. So I'll have to keep calling everyday to see wether they have stock ��.
What a drag!

That's because they really and truly don't know. They get shipments M-F, but the're blind-meaning they don't know what's inside till they bust open the case. (I know this because I asked them when *I* called...)

If they knew, they would tell you. Imagine the poor geniuses who have to answer thousands of calls per day, every day, just. Like. Yours. It's one call for you... Countless calls for them.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
That's because they really and truly don't know. They get shipments M-F, but the're blind-meaning they don't know what's inside till they bust open the case. (I know this because I asked them when *I* called...)

If they knew, they would tell you. Imagine the poor geniuses who have to answer thousands of calls per day, every day, just. Like. Yours. It's one call for you... Countless calls for them.

I think I'm going to throw in the towel. I'll stick to the white silver 5S

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm going to throw in the towel. I'll stick to the white silver 5S

This entire thread is you posting every 2 hours about your indecision on color of iphone. Back and forth, back and forth. Pick a color and nobody has to know. For real, I hope you don't ever have to make a decision that's important.

End this discussion and move on! Sheesh!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This entire thread is you posting every 2 hours about your indecision on color of iphone. Back and forth, back and forth. Pick a color and nobody has to know. For real, I hope you don't ever have to make a decision that's important.

End this discussion and move on! Sheesh!

Come now...
Of coarse I can make an important decision in my life. I just needed opinions from a few people. Nothing wrong with that. But in saying this, you got a point.
Decision done and finalised.
Thanks for your input.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Crowd sourcing affirmation usually ends like this...

True. It has it advantages and disadvantages. I saw the gold today at the apple store and it looked silver from a distance. After seeing that It was confirmed. It doesn't matter to me as much as it did before. At the end of the day the phone does the same function.

But getting opinions from you cool guys has helped a lot.
Thank you all.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
True. It has it advantages and disadvantages. I saw the gold today at the apple store and it looked silver from a distance. After seeing that It was confirmed. It doesn't matter to me as much as it did before. At the end of the day the phone does the same function.

But getting opinions from you cool guys has helped a lot.
Thank you all.

Yup. First thing I noticed when I was it in person. Anyways it's been fun and congrats on your decision. Now goooooo! Go enjoy ur iPhone 5S

iMore APP via iPhone 5S

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
yes i am the same way specially if i am going to be paying that much for a phone ill make sure its the one i really want i rather wait then settle for second best..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox