Returning because of charging issues

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on my second 4s because I am one of the unlucky ones that wake up to a 92% charged phone. Well now this one is doing it too! And to top it off when I did my exchange I purchased one for my wife and hers is doing it too! Has anyone that has had this issue actually got an exchange that fixed their problem? I don't know if I should wait a week and do another exchange to see if I get lucky or if I am just fighting a loss cause!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on my second 4s because I am one of the unlucky ones that wake up to a 92% charged phone. Well now this one is doing it too! And to top it off when I did my exchange I purchased one for my wife and hers is doing it too! Has anyone that has had this issue actually got an exchange that fixed their problem? I don't know if I should wait a week and do another exchange to see if I get lucky or if I am just fighting a loss cause!

are you restoring from back up or setting up as new? most of the times there is software issues not hardware. so your back up must have some issues.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
try putting your phone on airplane mode when you set it on the charger before going to sleep. I do this and wake up to 100 percent daily.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It would be so sad to have to put it on airplane mode all the time. But you should check to make sure you have proper signal (data, 3G) because sometimes the battery drains quickly when you're not getting proper signal.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
iOS 5.02 should be out soon and might fix the issues more than 5.01 did. I have not had any issues on my 4s or 4. Both are running 5.01 and the battery last a full day with me using the device heavy. Lots of txts, pictures, gaming, email, pictures/video and phone calls.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
iOS 5.02 should be out soon and might fix the issues more than 5.01 did. I have not had any issues on my 4s or 4. Both are running 5.01 and the battery last a full day with me using the device heavy. Lots of txts, pictures, gaming, email, pictures/video and phone calls.

Yep my battery is pretty good once it is charged to 100% It's just waking up to a phone charged only to 92 is a pain! Just trying to figure out if an exchange will benefit me at some point or if they will likely be like the first two I have gotten

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
yesssir my first 4s had the issue exchanged and set up as new and all has been well also make sure your check what apps are using location services I checked mine and all were checked since I shut them down all has been well

beamed from my 4s using Tapatalk

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yesssir my first 4s had the issue exchanged and set up as new and all has been well also make sure your check what apps are using location services I checked mine and all were checked since I shut them down all has been well

beamed from my 4s using Tapatalk

How long have you had the exchange? My second phone I have had since monday. Set up as new used until it died. Charged over night the following night and was at 100% the following day. But then the last two nights it was 97 and 92? May have to do another exchange......

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is a bug in the iOS..my iPhone 4 and 4S have both randomly done this and I have a replacement 4S now, all three have only charged to 92, 94, 97% a few times when I first got the phones, I just unplugged the phone and plugged it back in, it only takes 5-10 mins to charge to 100%..

This issue seem to go away after a 2-3 weeks of battery cycles, I haven't had any issues lately.. I charge my battery nightly whether its at 5% or 50%..

I wouldn't keep exchanging your phone for this issue only, Id say wait for this next software update, it's suppose to address continued battery issues for some users.

Reactions: jebulls

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is a bug in the iOS..my iPhone 4 and 4S have both randomly done this and I have a replacement 4S now, all three have only charged to 92, 94, 97% a few times when I first got the phones, I just unplugged the phone and plugged it back in, it only takes 5-10 mins to charge to 100%..

This issue seem to go away after a 2-3 weeks of battery cycles, I haven't had any issues lately.. I charge my battery nightly whether its at 5% or 50%..

I wouldn't keep exchanging your phone for this issue only, Id say wait for this next software update, it's suppose to address continued battery issues for some users.

I agree. Just wait for update.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: jebulls

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen