Retina MacBook Pro

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let everyone know the prices have dropped on the rMBP.

I'm returning mine to amazon, I originally only paid 1400 with my brother in laws discount but now that the prices dropped I am going to return and get the 256gb ssd one. Better for me in the long run.

If anyone was waiting for a price drop now is a good time to buy.

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm returning mine to amazon, I originally only paid 1400 with my brother in laws discount but now that the prices dropped I am going to return and get the 256gb ssd one. Better for me in the long run.

Which scream size did you get if you don't mind me asking?

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

What size screen did you get. If you don't mind me asking?

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Only the 13 inch. Would have been a lot better deal for the 15, but I don't like the screen size on it.

So now from amazon I got the 13 rMBP with 256 ssd for 1450. I'm happy with that

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Only the 13 inch. Would have been a lot better deal for the 15, but I don't like the screen size on it.

So now from amazon I got the 13 rMBP with 256 ssd for 1450. I'm happy with that

Pretty sweet deal. I'm pretty much torn between the 13" and 15". Like the portability of the 13" but I also like screen size of the 15".

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The prices are much better now; however, I still can't justify that much extra cash for just a pretty screen. I would rather spend the same and get a maxed out MBP with standard screen than get lower specs and a pretty screen.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is still a high price no doubt but so is a regular MacBook Pro to me. But your right you could definitely eat better specs for the price on the regular MacBook Pro.

I personally wanted the screen and the slimmer body. I like my laptop to be extra portable and debated getting a MacBook Air but went rMBP instead.

I like the slim body, the screen is gorgeous, i5 processor is pretty good. I don't really need more than 8gb RAM personally.

It was a no brained to me, but I understand others that are hesitant.

That is why I created this thread for others that were wanting a rMBP but waiting on a price drop.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had two different MacBook Pro retinas with neither having any issues. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

If you have a problem with it I would exchange it until you have one your satisfied with.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Anybody see the article at 9to5 talking about retina MacBook Pro problems? Actually, I have a friend in the UK who has one, and he's had nothing but problems.

MacBook Pro with Retina display: Problems in every dimension | 9to5Mac

This makes me really hesitant to be an early adopter of this product. Maybe second or third generation.

I read that article and wondered how widespread it really was. I have the 15" rMBP and my son-in-law has the 13" rMPB... neither of us has had any issues whatsoever with ours... typical Apple-bashing, IMO. A couple of people have problems and suddenly the press is bad-mouthing the whole computer line. Stuff happens. Technology breaks sometimes. But it doesn?t mean it?s not a good/quality product or that the company is losing it?s edge. In my book, it?s much ado about nothing.

If you get a "bad" one, or one with serious issues, just exchange it for a new one. Same advice I?d give if your HP or Lenovo laptop had issues. #movingon

onsenk

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Right. Glad to hear that a few of you have had no problems. However, I'm not sure that it is purely "Apple bashing," as the problem seems fairly widespread. In any case, I think those machines are the future, and Apple will get better at making them.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I have all of the problems listed in that article. I have the LG display, unfortunately. At some point I'll take it back to Apple and have it fixed. No matter what the problem, they usually really good about that.