• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Restrict child from setting up Touch ID when using phone

I

iMore Question

It seems that when someone is given access to my iPad they have free rain to set up fingerprint id which them gives them full access to everything, overriding many of the restriction settings! How can this be stopped? It is not realistic in this situation to not hand out the passcode to the iPad, although only I have the restrictions passcode.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The best solution is to unlock the iPad yourself and then hand it to the other person for their use. They cannot add/edit finger prints to Touch ID without your passcode so you would be ok. If you would like to set it up so that different users have different permissions, well, so would a lot of people but unfortunately iPad does not support multiple sign-ons at this time. It is meant to be a highly personal device. Hope this helps, good luck!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok