Restoring via iCloud and MFA app data

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
So, you have purchased your new fancy iPhone 12/12 Pro.
Some of you may be restoring via iCloud.

Do you happen to have any MFA apps (multi-factor authentication),the Apple MFA or even the likes of Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator installed?

If so, when you restore from iCloud, do you have to add all your MFA accounts back to Google Authenticator, or Microsoft Authenticator, too?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, you have purchased your new fancy iPhone 12/12 Pro.
Some of you may be restoring via iCloud.

Do you happen to have any MFA apps (multi-factor authentication),the Apple MFA or even the likes of Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator installed?

If so, when you restore from iCloud, do you have to add all your MFA accounts back to Google Authenticator, or Microsoft Authenticator, too?

If you have 1Password, you can set it up as an MFA and whenever you restore your iPhone and then reinstall the 1Password app, all of your usual password data as well as the MFA authentication feature returns to it.

I have it set up for Google, Amazon, Dropbox, Okta, Microsoft, and LastPass. In addition, I only have those items display via 1Password on my Watch so I can simply tap on the appropriate account on my Watch to get the MFA code.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods