Restoring Jailbroken iPhone 4 to 6.1 [Errors]?

BluePhase

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, my friend gave me his jailbroken password locked iPhone 4 (he forgot his password and asked me to restore it), but when ever I tried to restore it, I always get tons of different errors. At first I attempted to restore it, and got error 3149, I decided to use tiny umbrella to counter this and when I did, I got error 1600. Obviously, since it's locked I had to put it in DFU mode because I can't restore it with a passcode enabled. I tried to put it in pwned DFU mode, switched computers, switched cables, but I keep getting the same errors. I do not know why it's doing it and I am not sure what version it is currently on. I am just trying to get the phone to 6.1 which is the newest version but iTunes is not letting me. Does anyone have any idea why it's doing it?

BluePhase

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tried that but it still gets me the errors. But I get a message on my computer saying to switch the device to a high speed USB port but they are high speed ports. I tried it on 3 computers and I still get the error. I really need guidance on this..

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Another way to fix is to let the phone die completely and then restore as new. May take a while depending on ur battery at the moment.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had same problem. After several tries, it finally worked. Just keep trying is all I can suggest...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Recovery mode and DFU mode are the same thing. It doesn't help since I keep getting error 1600.

They are not. Read up on it.

To the OP: to find the current firmware version you can grab redsn0w and plug the phone it. You'll see the basic device info at the bottom.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janinv23