Restoring backup from iPhone 6 to iPhone 5 possible?

Danny Freman

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, I am in Hawaii and yesterday my iPhone 6 broke and a friend of mine lent me his older iPhone 5 for the time being. I do however face difficulties trying to transfer my data (at least partly such as contacts) to the iPhone 5.

Is it even possible to do so as the backup from the iPhone 6 is newer? What should i do, it looks like i need to use the iPhone 5 for at least another week and i really need at least my contact list! My colleagues here suggested me to go to mobile repairing stores like TCAWireless and few others. Should I visit? Please help. I googled about my problem but it is very confusing.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you had enabled contacts in iCloud on the iPhone 6 then there is no need to restore from a backup to the 5.
Simply login with your Apple ID on the iPhone 5 and your contacts will appear for you.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What @Tartarus says is right, just need to add your accounts back to the 5 so they sync (iCloud, Google, etc.)

You can backup/restore from the 6 if you want as long as the software version is equal or newer. So if the 6 was on ios 11.1 the 5 needs to at least be on 11.1.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner