Restored iOS 14 on iPhone 12 Pro - No Messages media

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I set up my iPhone 12 Pro yesterday and restored from a backup. Despite my messages app showing huge space usage, none of my media is showing under my contacts. If I go to info, the links are dead and the media is missing.

Any idea on how to fix this?

I should mention that if I scroll up endlessly, I can see the media. It just isn’t showing up in the info card.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Please go to Settings → [your info at the top of the screen] → iCloud and then make sure everything you want to use with iCloud has the toggled enabled.

In addition, go to the Messages settings to make sure “Keep Messages” are set to forever.

Other than that, just give the phone time to sync everything over.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Please go to Settings → [your info at the top of the screen] → iCloud and then make sure everything you want to use with iCloud has the toggled enabled.

In addition, go to the Messages settings to make sure “Keep Messages” are set to forever.

Other than that, just give the phone time to sync everything over.

Yup. Everything is set up. The messages and media are there. Just aren’t appearing in that little section, which makes it impossible to find something from “forever”

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Just an update on this. I’ve restored my phone three additional times since this. Once, the pictures appeared in iMessage, but the other apps wouldn’t load. The other two times; same thing, photos are not generating in contact cards after restoring. They’re there... but not giving me the option to mass download from iCloud to restore the chat.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh